Home Politics & Debate
Ongoing maintenance - the boards are undergoing some ongoing, intermittent maintenance. Pages might load slightly slower than usual and there may be very short periods where the boards are offline.

Lack of justice in the world?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, I came across these last night and thought I'd share them. An artist has come up with some cool ways of showing the injustice he sees in the modern world. Thoughts, anyone? :chin:

See the full gallery here: http://tinyurl.com/pdtv659

134.jpg

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Outstanding work. I hope some cool history teachers show that kind of stuff to their students.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    jammin wrote: »
    Outstanding work. I hope some cool history teachers show that kind of stuff to their students.

    It would provoke a lot of thought and opinions. Great for debating in class, no doubt!
  • Danny!Danny! mod Posts: 560 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
    That's a really good set of pictures Mike. This is the one I felt the most:

    154.jpg
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Funny that you pick that one - it's the only one I didn't understand! Don't suppose you could explain it to a simpleton like me? ;)
  • Danny!Danny! mod Posts: 560 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
    I can give you my reading - no guarantees it's what the artist meant :)

    Statues that commemorate people who served and died are important. But it's less often that we celebrate other people who suffer in war, who show bravery, who die protecting people who are important to them. We can assume that the mother and child also died, as they are also statues. But they are on the floor, not on the plinth. I think it give us a more rounded picture of the human costs of war.

    What do you think?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Danny! wrote: »
    Statues that commemorate people who served and died are important. But it's less often that we celebrate other people who suffer in war, who show bravery, who die protecting people who are important to them. We can assume that the mother and child also died, as they are also statues. But they are on the floor, not on the plinth. I think it give us a more rounded picture of the human costs of war.
    How interesting. :chin: Now it seems powerful. For some reason I didn't cotton on to them being statues (despite how obvious it seems now!). Makes a lot of sense to me, thanks for clearing it up. :)
  • Danny!Danny! mod Posts: 560 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
    No worries - thanks for posting the link!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Danny! wrote: »
    154.jpg

    This image breaks my heart.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It seems like it could almost be symbolic of a lot of things that go on these days, not just war.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MikeS wrote: »
    It seems like it could almost be symbolic of a lot of things that go on these days, not just war.
    Very true, it's symbolic of a few things in my eyes! Often the blind eye is turned to others involved unless they are the ones in the eyes doing everything eg soldiers in a war. What other things did you think of?
Sign In or Register to comment.