Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Writers/Authors?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've seen numerous posts about art and poems but what about short stories? Personally, I write on a regular basis ranging from monologues to indidivdual scenes. I wonder if anyone else out there does the same.

I might post a few things of my own in here too :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No one knows this (they obviously will now) but I've written a life story that I'm continually adding to as things, both positive and negative, happen
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    No one knows this (they obviously will now) but I've written a life story that I'm continually adding to as things, both positive and negative, happen
    Like an autobiography?
    trekkin wrote: »
    Like an autobiography?
    Sort of yeah I guess
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    Sort of yeah I guess
    That's awesome! I can't help but feel that my life would be too boring for something like that! Besides, I can barely keep a diary!
    That's awesome! I can't help but feel that my life would be too boring for something like that! Besides, I can barely keep a diary!
    No life is too boring because everyone's is different. Might be similar but not exactly the same. :)
    I used to write regularly poems, stories, blogs but less so now due to college work.... writing is a love of mine a way of being myself! I've wrote script before but my favourite style is story writing as it's so different and fun! :)
    Quite the undertaking, Becki! Good luck with it. :d

I toyed with the idea of writing short stories for quite a while. I never properly got in to it though. :chin: I guess now I have a bit more free time it could be worth a rethink!

It would be great to read some of your work too, trekkin. :) If you do decide to upload some, I'd be interested in reading it.
    MikeS wrote: »
    It would be great to read some of your work too, trekkin. :) If you do decide to upload some, I'd be interested in reading it.
    I wrote this a while ago, a good few years! It was meant to be a backstory for a character I was creating but it turned into a monologue!

You want to know my story? You want to know why hatred for that Academy burns in my veins like liquid fire? They did what they have always done. They take your life from you. That school contains the scum of the world. The thieves, the murderers, the psychopaths. They choose you because you’re damned already. The police caught you, you’re in a cell, all because you were doing all you could to survive. They steal you in the night. Everything you were, everyone that mattered to you and whom you mattered to. They're all memories now, that’s all they are. Just fragments of a broken life. As soon as you arrive, they change you. They train you in combat, in hacking, anything a secret agent needs at their disposal and advantage. Then you go out to some god damn wasteland without a second glance to do their dirty work. They don’t care if you die for the cause, because you’re already dead to the world. They say they’ll make you stronger, that you’ll never want to leave. But I know my weakness, I know my voice. And I am the voice of the people. I will grip them tight and raise them from perdition. I see nothing but pain there. Freedom is a length of rope to them. They will keep you at one end of it, never to have it for yourself. So…willing to join me?
    I wrote this a while ago, a good few years! It was meant to be a backstory for a character I was creating but it turned into a monologue!

You want to know my story? You want to know why hatred for that Academy burns in my veins like liquid fire? They did what they have always done. They take your life from you. That school contains the scum of the world. The thieves, the murderers, the psychopaths. They choose you because you’re damned already. The police caught you, you’re in a cell, all because you were doing all you could to survive. They steal you in the night. Everything you were, everyone that mattered to you and whom you mattered to. They're all memories now, that’s all they are. Just fragments of a broken life. As soon as you arrive, they change you. They train you in combat, in hacking, anything a secret agent needs at their disposal and advantage. Then you go out to some god damn wasteland without a second glance to do their dirty work. They don’t care if you die for the cause, because you’re already dead to the world. They say they’ll make you stronger, that you’ll never want to leave. But I know my weakness, I know my voice. And I am the voice of the people. I will grip them tight and raise them from perdition. I see nothing but pain there. Freedom is a length of rope to them. They will keep you at one end of it, never to have it for yourself. So…willing to join me?

:eek: This is fantastic! Have you ever had anything published?
    :eek: This is fantastic! Have you ever had anything published?
    :blush: not officially, just whatever I post online
    :blush: not officially, just whatever I post online

Well, good on you. Seems like you've got the eye (?) for it. :yes:
    I will grip them tight and raise them from perdition.
    This has been driving me mad, I know I've heard this before. You don't watch Supernatural by any chance, do you?

Nice to see you're a Who fan, btw. ;)
    You don't watch Supernatural by any chance, do you?
    Yes, I do! I haven't been keeping up recently because school has been working me ragged. I just loved that line so much that I put it in. It works though so I don't feel too bad about it...
    Yes, I do! I haven't been keeping up recently because school has been working me ragged. I just loved that line so much that I put it in. It works though so I don't feel too bad about it...

To be fair the newer series have lost what the old ones had. Not as good, imo. Yeah don't feel bad about using it, you've gotta draw from stuff you know! It works too, you're right. :yes: