Home Forsaken Forum
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Alright, let's go: spooky movie recommendations?

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,536 Part of The Furniture
edited October 7 in Forsaken Forum
A Quiet Place Part 1 & 2 are personal favourites of mine!
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
The truth resists simplicity.

Comments

• Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,656 The Mix Elder
    For me it's got to be some good classic horror movies from the 1980s or 90s. If you really want a good film from the 80s I reccomened Re-animator which is a cheesy comedy horror though what I will day is it's not for the faint hearted (It does contain a lot of gore and there is a scene in there which may be quite triggering
    it features a scene with sa which back then in the 80s it wasnt seen as triggering but now it is
    . There's also bride of reanimator and beyond re animator (the third film isn't that great personally but it still got that cheesy comedy in it even though they tried to make it more serious).
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
    JustV wrote: »
    A Quiet Place Part 1 & 2 are personal favourites of mine!

Speaking of those terrific films and their use of no dialogue, I need to actually watch these two films because they are on my list of films to watch. I do want to watch the prequel film they did as well to the two films which shows how civilisation collapsed when the alien monsters things came.
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,555 Extreme Poster
    edited October 8
    i'm not that big on spooky/horror films so my recommendation is probably gonna have to be: It
  • Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 2,170 Boards Champion
    Hocus pocus 1 & 2
    Profile picture made by @Chloe234

Want to hurt me… go ahead
    Wish to bully me…I’m used to it
    Want to talk crap about me…go on then
    Want to make me cry…feel free
  • IsThisJustFantasyIsThisJustFantasy Posts: 69 Boards Initiate
    Halloweentown 2
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,274 Part of The Furniture
    Anything Disney themed will do (I anticipate every community member who knows me was expecting me to say this as well =) ) <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • NeonBlueThunder1NeonBlueThunder1 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    edited October 14
    A Nightmare on Elm Street! B) There’s 7 different movies in the franchise, my personal favourite is A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master. I really liked the ideas and creativity it had. :3

Plus Freddy Krueger is a classic horror villain!

uo9lv5da8te4.gif

There’s also Monster House, that still gives me chills as much as it used to. Such a creepy film *shudders* :astonished: Also if you haven’t checked it out yet there’s always Coraline. That is a brilliant pretty scary one. B)

8zyr0pc9b1n3.gif
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,089 Wise Owl
    I agree currently going through the halloween Disney plus section
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    A Nightmare on Elm Street! B) There’s 7 different movies in the franchise, my personal favourite is A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master. I really liked the ideas and creativity it had. :3

Plus Freddy Krueger is a classic horror villain!

uo9lv5da8te4.gif

There’s also Monster House, that still gives me chills as much as it used to. Such a creepy film *shudders* :astonished: Also if you haven’t checked it out yet there’s always Coraline. That is a brilliant pretty scary one. B)

8zyr0pc9b1n3.gif

Omg Coraline and Monster House are absolute classics! I loved monster house growing up so so much because of the animation style and stuff. Those films inspired me to get into art and animation n stuff really.
  • IsThisJustFantasyIsThisJustFantasy Posts: 69 Boards Initiate
    Monster House is one of the best and a favourite of mine. @Laura_tigger82 Spooky season wouldn't be complete without Disney!