Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Starting uni (so lonely) 😭

AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 2,344 Boards Champion
I don’t know why I ever thought I could cope with this. I feel completely abandoned. I’ve been left to fend for myself and I don’t know how to do anything. Nothing has even started yet but I just want to go home 😭 sure it’s nice to have some space here but it doesn’t feel like home. Home is packed full of stuff and it has people who love me. This place is soulless. I’ve decorated the room but it’s just not the same without my mum’s endless things. Never thought I’d say that 😭😂 I feel so mean for leaving the kitty behind too. I won’t be gone the whole time, I’ll go home for the holidays and stuff but 3 years is a really long time to be all alone. The uni closest to home doesn’t do my subject and I want to at least go somewhere that ranks decently for it but I really just wish I’d stayed at home. I chose this and it hurts SO MUCH. I spend a lot of my time alone upstairs at home anyway but you know, someone will call me down for dinner eventually. Now it’s down to me to make dinner, even when all I want to do is cry. I feel so pathetic, everyone else seems to be coping just fine, and I’m a year older than a lot of them. But I feel far too young for this. I know this is a great experience to grow up and prove to myself and everyone else that I can do things, but right now all I want is a hug 😭😭😭 and to sleep in my own bed. I can’t even begin to process the fact that I’m gonna be here for months. This isn’t just a silly little holiday or a trip. This is my life now. And I don’t like it. I want to go home.

Comments

• eylaheylah Posts: 3,559 Community Veteran
    so proud of you your going to do amazing i’m here if you need anything. <3 hugs 🫂
    my pfp is made by me. 🤍