Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.

This is probably going to sound silly

Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,485 Community Veteran
I don't normally post on here as much as I normally do sometimes as I often feel like nowadays I don't need as much support as back when I first joined. I don't know if its just me but I seem rather jumpy and hyper-active lately and restless. I have got a proper diagnosis for ADHD which I have had since I was 6 years old. However, lately, I just feel like my brain is going into overload mode and my brain is making me over-imaginative. What I mean by that is my brain is playing tricks on me and saying things are there where they shoulden't be. It's like my imagination is coming to life sometimes. Do you ever get that dreaded feeling that someone is watching you even in the dark?. Yes that's me right there. I feel silly to admit im scared of the dark because I don't know what is there. I think also I have been reading a lot of news stories of young people especially woman being kidnapped and killed or assualted and I think nowadays I get scared because like what if I go out or something and like someone tries to do that to me. I know I can turn off the news stories on my social media but they just seem to come when I dont need them. Maybe im just overthinking right now. I've been able to talk to my mum and she said dont worry your brain is probably just playing tricks on you which makes me feel better. But sometimes why do I feel like there's something there when it ain't. Is it my anxiety but a physical form of it I guess?. The main thing is that I do take anxiety medication which helps with my OCD and anxious thoughts. Lately, though they have been a different colour instead of the ones I used to take and I also sometimes have acid reflux off them. Maybe this is something to mention next time I go the doctors. Sorry this is all random and seems like a rant because this is what it probably is actually. Again thanks if anyone does read all of this I appreciate it <3.
Just a person who likes pop culture and films

Comments

• Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,485 Community Veteran
    I feel like this has become a habit when I am always checking and looking sometimes idk
  • eylaheylah Posts: 3,167 Boards Guru
    idk what to say. amy but im sending you sll my love and hugs. <3
    vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage. truth and courage arent always comfortable. but they are never weakness.
    Thank you so much @eylah it's ok no worries sometimes I tend to rant on here a lot now and then because I find writing things down can help a lot.
  • eylaheylah Posts: 3,167 Boards Guru
    Amy22 wrote: »
    Thank you so much @eylah it's ok no worries sometimes I tend to rant on here a lot now and then because I find writing things down can help a lot.

just wanted you to know that. i am hearing you. and appreciate you. <3
    vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage. truth and courage arent always comfortable. but they are never weakness.
  • AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 2,301 Boards Champion
    @Amy22 regarding the medication, sometimes you get like a different brand given to you because of what’s available. Different brands might have different side ingredients that could affect the way your body takes up the medication, or give you different side effects. Hopefully your doctors will be able to help you with that
    Thank you @AnonymousToe I may mention it the next time I go to my doctor's appointment. I normally see them every six months usually and we discuss my medication and my thoughts and feelings.
  • jayne26jayne26 Moderator Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Amy22

I'm sorry you're feeling extra jumpy at the moment. Anxiety can often make our thoughts seem a lot scarier than they actually are, and when we feel like this it can be helpful to try to take a step back. How do you normally cope with things when you're feeling this way?
    Thanks @jayne26 I normally crochet or knit sometimes I watch youtube videos if it helps me sometimes. The thing is it feels like something is there often in empty spaces I get nervous because I dont know if something is going to jump out at me or hurt me sometimes.
    Hey @Amy22

I understand that. Have you thought about potentially moving your doctor's appointment forward to discuss these feelings?

My friend taught me how to crochet recently so I'm still not great at it but really enjoy it, have you made anything nice recently? <3
    Hey @jayne26 thank you so much I really appreciate it a lot. I'm feeling much better now and those feelings or dread have disappeared. I may think about doing this as I want to discuss adhd medication with my doctor potentially.

Oo nice crochet can be super fun but it does take a while to get good at it. I've made a blanket, really random stuff haha
    Oh @Amy22 that's great to hear! So glad you're feeling better <3

Yeah might take me a little while to get onto some more challenging designs :)