Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What does your dream life look like?

AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,885 Extreme Poster
Hello all!

Another week, and another discussion question! I was recently having a chat with some friends about the kind of life they'd like to live, and changes they'd like to make to make their lives better. And it got me thinking - a great question to ask you all, as young bright sparks! :)

So, do you have any ideas of what your dream life might look like? Are there particular things you'd love to have as part of your daily lifestyle? How close/far is this life from your own, and what can you do to bring it closer to reality?
FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Comments

• Options
    Anonymous55Anonymous55 Posts: 14 Settling in
    oh yes. Mine is where i live happily by the sea side as a psychologist and part time writer, with two cats, and maybe a partner. Honestly cats are better than people, so I wouldn't bet on the last part =) ....but also, @Azziman if you feel comfortable sharing what's yours?
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 652 Incredible Poster
    I'd like to live in the country and work as a vet care assistant. I'd have all sorts of pets and spend my free time with family, playing games, and taking nice little holidays :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,054 Community Veteran
    I think for being able to continue with my apprenticeship in the TV industry at the moment and maybe working my way up to becoming a script editor. Hopefully I will be a fully established writer and have written a few books in my time too. I like the idea of living by the sea or moving abroad maybe Spain. Honestly I don't know what my dream life looks like to be honest because I don't often think about it as much. I know that I want to be in a job that I love and still doing the hobbies I enjoy. I probably will still be hoarding tons of yarn because I think crochet is my new thing personally :joy:. So I think for me idk
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    @Anonymous55 living by the seaside is a great idea, I'd definitely join you on that! What would you like to write on? Poems/stories, fiction/non-fiction etc? :)

@Maisy That sounds like a lovely time - peace and quiet away from the city, quality time with loved ones and travelling are a great combination! Do you have somewhere in mind - in the UK, or further afield? <3

@Amy22 I don't blame you for wanting to go somewhere sunnier, I know I'd love that too! :p Being an established writer is a great goal to have - what would you write about? And hey, you'll just need to make sure you have a big enough place to have all your yarn :D

For me, I'd agree that being somewhere a little warmer by the sea would be nice! Having a little more balance to spend time with friends and family would be ideal. And being able to perform my trumpet with bands/performances again would be a lot of fun, which I'm practicing and working on :)
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,054 Community Veteran
    Azziman wrote: »
    @Anonymous55 living by the seaside is a great idea, I'd definitely join you on that! What would you like to write on? Poems/stories, fiction/non-fiction etc? :)

@Maisy That sounds like a lovely time - peace and quiet away from the city, quality time with loved ones and travelling are a great combination! Do you have somewhere in mind - in the UK, or further afield? <3

@Amy22 I don't blame you for wanting to go somewhere sunnier, I know I'd love that too! :p Being an established writer is a great goal to have - what would you write about? And hey, you'll just need to make sure you have a big enough place to have all your yarn :D

For me, I'd agree that being somewhere a little warmer by the sea would be nice! Having a little more balance to spend time with friends and family would be ideal. And being able to perform my trumpet with bands/performances again would be a lot of fun, which I'm practicing and working on :)

I know right I would love to be near the warmth because I love Summer so much as well as Autumn :joy:. I think for me I don't know what I would write about my experiences maybe or even writing cosy fantasy idk haha :joy::sweat_smile: . Also not to worry with the yarn stash, I am going to make sure that I got like maybe an attic or craft room to store it all so it doesn't overflow the house aha.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Anonymous55Anonymous55 Posts: 14 Settling in
    @Azziman
    well...I have a number of ideas, but I'm mostly focusing on the one I've had since I was nine years old, and it is going through some major changes but I think I might actually get it published one day (perhaps). I don't expect it to be the next hit, and I'd honestly rather just know that I took one of the things that's been with me since childhood and helped me cope with a lot, and give it to someone who can enjoy it. I do like writing fanfiction as a past time though. It helps keep my creative genius flourishing lol
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,649 Legendary Poster
    I'd like to live in a small village like i do now (provided it has good transport links to a town of some sort). I'd be happily married, in a house that I own, with a nice garden with a spot to sit outside. I'd have speakers all over the house to fulfil my music obsession, and a wine fridge. I'd love to have a dog but with my disability that's quite impractical without help. I would work part time, self employed so I could choose my own hours to suit. I would be a decent cook so I could actually make things I enjoy eating and not burger and chips like I'm used to right now lol. I'd be able to put useless worries out of my head especially before bed, go to bed at 11pm at the latest and actually wake up early and feel like a functional human to keep the aforementioned house clean and any dog/kid i have happy.

It's far from what I have now. I'm living in a small village, but the transport isn't the best. I have an amazing partner (6 years together) but we're not married or living together as of yet. My parents house does have a great garden ... but no wine fridge. I do have a dog at the moment. I'm currently only doing voluntary work which I love
    (and i set my own hours for) but money is an issue. I do have speakers everywhere wherever i have control over that. I'm working on the cooking, i promise. And the worries? They never end.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @independent_ Thanks for sharing! That sounds like a lovely dream life - a nice environment, loved ones, time spent on things that matter to you, and with a healthy routine. It sounds like you're definitely on the road to making that dream a reality! I really hope you keep moving towards the life you envisage :)