Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Meet the staff & mods! ✨

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,042 Boards Guru
edited April 30 in Introduce Yourself
A few of you mentioned that you'd like to have a page where you can get to know the staff and moderators a bit more. We thought this was a great idea so we've created this thread for all of our staff & moderators to introduce themselves and answer some fun questions! 🤪

These are the moderators here at The Mix:

Staff (i.e., '@TheMix'):
@Aife
@ella
@Gemma
@JustV

Support Group Supervisors:
@Alice
@Amy_
@Elijah
@laura_
@NatalieG19

Boards Moderators:
@AislingDM
@ameliaJayne
@amy02
@Azziman
@ebyrne556
@EmmaLou30
@emiip98
@genderless_fungi
@Issie_11
@Laura_tigger82
@leyla26
@Maisy
@Matthew_04
@nat_
@Orchid059
@Sophien

Not all of our Support Group Moderators have boards accounts, but for any that do, feel free to chip in below! <3

Mods - we'd love for you to post below your answers to the following:
1. What do you enjoy most about modding?
2. What's a fun fact about yourself?
3. What's your ideal way to spend your weekends?
4. What's one lesson you've learned from your life that you want to share with the community?
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    Beth6Beth6 Support Group Moderator Posts: 1 Just got here
    Hiiii everyone!

I’m Beth and I joined the chat moderation team late last year. Before joining The Mix I was a counsellor at Childline!😃

I love helping to create this safe corner of the internet where you can all share your thoughts and feelings with confidence💛

I make fun, custom rugs for people and also do some graphic design work too!

I enjoy getting out and about, whether it’s taking my dogs for a walk, doing something adventurous or visiting friends and family!😄

4. What's one lesson you've learned from your life that you want to share with the community?
    I’ve learnt to embrace the present moment and small joys in life. Whether it’s savouring the warmth of a morning cup of tea, enjoying the birds tweeting away or simply sharing laugher with loved ones. The fleeting moments are sometimes so beautiful and hold such significance💛
  • Options
    Matthew_04Matthew_04 Moderator Posts: 88 Budding Regular
    Hi, I'm Matthew, I started volunteering about 5 months ago ✨

What do you enjoy most about modding?
    I love chatting with all of you and it's amazing to be a part of this wonderful, supportive corner of the internet. 😊

What's a fun fact about yourself?
    I LOVE the show Queer Eye (the 2018 version). I think its such a feel good show and I love watching it after a long day.

What's your ideal way to spend your weekends?
    I love going for lunch with my friends, spending hours chatting and wandering about town, then coming home, getting all cozy in a blanket with a hot chocolate and watching a movie.

What's one lesson you've learned from your life that you want to share with the community?
    I've learnt that even though you might feel stuck in a situation or like you're going to feel a certain way forever, you are never stuck. Everything is temporary, both good and bad things don't last forever. I think it's super important to focus on the present and embrace change, knowing that you can handle whatever life throws your way. <3
  • Options
    Amy_Amy_ Support Group Moderator Posts: 15 Settling in
    Hi I’m Amy, I’m a supervisor for the group chats - I’ve been around on The Mix for about 8 years now, which is hard to get my head around!

Helping make this safe space where people can open up, be who they are and give/receive so much empathy. I also love the community’s wild sense of humour and the way everyone celebrates the big and small achievements in each other’s lives

I’m a big Taylor Swift fan and can guess any song by listening to the first couple of seconds

I love going out for brunch and I always have a tv series on the go (at the moment it’s Fallout!)

Treating myself with kindness and empathy has given me a lot of strength to take steps forward in many parts of my life
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 653 Incredible Poster

I love reading other people's posts, especially if I feel I can relate to them in some way. I love sitting down and typing out (sometimes) long responses to others. I've had a general interest in mental health, but have a particular interest in autism, bullying and friendship/relationship issues. I like being able to combine my knowledge and life experience to help others.

I have been on a husky sled in Lapland!

I love going out and getting exercise (if it's not raining!) and then spending time with family or settling down watching a film or playing a game.

Just because other people might treat you differently and you might feel that there is something 'wrong' with you, it doesn't mean that there is. Think critically rather than fully believing what others say or what you read online.

It was hard picking just one thing :sweat_smile:
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Issie_11Issie_11 Moderator Posts: 19 Settling in

I would have really benefitted from a space like these community boards, so I love playing a part in this community! It's such a privilege to chat with you all & offer judgment-free support <3

I love all things related to the ocean, cooking & queer culture!

Slight spoiler from the above but by the ocean! My ideal weekend is a sunny day at the beach, snacking and swimming, while reading queer literature :3

If you don't feel ready for something, that's okay! Sometimes we feel like we need to make decisions very quickly but it's okay to take your time and think about what is right for you, so further down the line the decisions we made suit our needs as individuals!
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,885 Extreme Poster
    Hello all! I'm one of the board moderators, and have been around the community a fair few years now!

I love listening and talking to everyone in this forum - so many different interests, experiences and stories! Some of them require a celebration, and others space to express their concerns and troubles. Being able to provide those makes this role a really fulfilling one :)

I love to travel! Last year, I had the incredible opportunity to see the Northern Lights <3

3. What's your ideal weekend to spend your weekends?

I like to have something different organised for the weekend - be it a hike through a new country park; playing a new board game with friends; or perhaps exploring a new place and trying their food!

Think about the direction you're headed. Having good direction helps us to find purpose and move forwards, but it doesn't come by itself. Take the time to figure out what's a good direction for you, and keep it in mind to guide you forwards
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 847 Part of The Mix Family
    A bit late to the party! But hi for those that don’t know me I’m Eden and I’ve been a Mod since January 2023 <3
    2. I love being able to help and support you guys and also see the amazing community spirit and hi everybody really and to support each other. it really makes my heart glad to see such a lovely and supportive safe space

3. What's a fun fact about yourself?
    I’m a blackbelt in taekwondo remind me a bit of that TikTok sign that says looks like a cinnamon roll could kill you :p

4. What's your ideal weekend to spend your weekends?
    I love spending time with my family at the weekend and maybe seeing some friends. Most weekends I do some volunteering and go to my guitar lesson on a Saturday, which is always really fun

Don’t worry if you’re not sure you will figure things out and just take each day as it comes and try not to rush things are work out and its own way and has a path for you even at the minute it’s a bit rocky it will straighten out <3
This discussion has been closed.