Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

You can ignore

Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,114 Wise Owl
TW// SH, Age regression, bad thoughts

I give up, My age regression is getting to hard to deal with. Regressed last night. Regressed the nights before and lost my memory. I dont want my head to be like this anymore. I'm trying. I lost all my friends because of my age regression or people copy me because they think it's such a cool thing to do. I cant control when it happens to me. I dont ask or want to do it.

It's terrifying to deal with alone and I wish I didn't have to but no helplines deal with it, they just send me away. I've tried so many places.

I've tried:

1) childline
2) samaritans
3) Calm

There's no where else for me to try to talk to when I'm regressed. The Mix helpline I cant even use and shout dont work on my phone. I'm left trying to deal with it alone just like every thing else in my life. My thoughts are getting bad again just as I was doing better :/ im tired of trying. I had a bad relapse with my SH last night because I couldnt get through the urge. I feel so done. I'm exhausted.

I woke up this morning in the shittiest mood ever. I already blocked 4 people because they pissed me off. I cant control my temper today. Im so snappy and will speak the harsh truth to anyone today 😑
✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨

Comments

• Options
    ellaella Community Manager Posts: 91 Budding Regular
    edited April 25
    @Rose113 I am hearing how incredibly frustrating and exhausting this is for you but you are so brave to come to the community with this. It must be really scary to deal with age regression alone, especially when you're actively seeking help. You deserve support around your lived experiences, Rose.

I hear you are feeling quite alone with this and it sounds like you've been putting in a lot of effort to find help which is brilliant but it's really disappointing that the helplines haven't been able to support you so far.

To see if we can think of some other options together, can you tell me a little more about what kind of support you'd find helpful when you're regressed? Even if there aren't helplines specifically for age regression, maybe we can find resources that can offer support in a way that works for you.

Thank you for sharing that you relapsed last night but I just wanted to check how you are doing today and if you are feeling safe? <3
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,114 Wise Owl
    @ella when am in the active state of regressing even if i go to a helpline they just say they cant understand me and become rude.

im safe sadly
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 645 Incredible Poster
    Age regression sounds really difficult to deal with. If it seems to be getting worse, perhaps you can talk to a mental health professional? You might also want to think about if there are any triggers to these episodes, and perhaps find ways of avoiding the things that trigger you.

Sometimes people don't understand mental health or the affects of trauma, and this can mean that those who don't understand might distance themselves from us. When things have calmed down for you, perhaps you could try reaching out to your friends. You could explain about how things affect you but you still would like to be friends. People should not be copying you though as it's definitely not something cool. If you haven't already, you might want to try reporting those that copy you.

Helplines can be helpful at times, though I'm sorry to hear that you have tried multiple helplines but that they can't help you when you have regressed. Perhaps you can talk to the professional that diagnosed you about how you can help yourself and who you can talk to when you are in a regressed state. You shouldn't have to deal with this alone!

Relapses can happen, but you can still recover from self-harm. You can check out our article on coping with a self-harm relapse https://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/self-harm/how-to-cope-with-a-self-harm-relapse-5684.html if it might help.

Take care <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.