Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Crying in bed

FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,312 Wise Owl
edited April 24 in Health & Wellbeing
Im struggling with the process of looking into work. It's really stressful and draining. I'm losing sleep over it because I just keep worrying about not getting sorted a lot like it seems to be slow and I just really don’t want to be in this situation in like a year. I think the longer it takes the more its going to affect me. It's really getting me down at times. I often feel like crying in bed and I have done that a bit too. I have had like during the day like I think yesterday where I just cried a bit too because of everything. I had a job interview today too which I think is a step forward but I think its likely that I've not got it tbh. I haven't really been getting my hopes up tbh because if I expect to get it then don't I could feel worse but at the same time I have been trying to be positive too. The job interview was meant to be yesterday but I needed my passport for right to work which I didn't have so they rearranged it to today. I dont know if that might have put them off too because it said on one of the emails to bring it. Im still just applying to jobs too but just worrying about not getting sorted so that worry is just making me apply to even more. I even worry about never getting sorted too.

I just really want to get started with my career like before I didnt want to do like retail working in a store but I have thought about it like, its still garanteed money, the minimum pay going up, other people do it, it doesn't have to be all my life like its just a start, maybe it's not that bad etc. I was suggested to look at different roles too so I did because I was looking at a certain sector but I have works mentor who suggested look at other roles and I could go back to more what I want to do interview future. I'm a bit more to open to different roles looking at stuff that's simple to start off. I'm still avoiding certain roles and job types like self employed as it's not garanteed work. I'm trying to be flexible like maybe I could work some evenings or weekends if needed. I'm just trying to be open as I can. I just hope soon my efforts pay off and I get something. I'm still avoiding different roles and there's jobs you need certain experience for or qualifications or a certain licence etc but I'm looking at jobs that don't ask for things I don't have just like what I think is suitable. I'm just so down about it and it can get too much then I have not many people I feel like I can talk to so this can be the only places I feel I can be a bit more open on about everything. I just feel so behind in life and I just want to be doing good and in the future I want to achieve goals, do different stuff etc. Atm I just want to get sorted, get a income and a routine etc then I think I'll start feeling better. It feels like a stressful time like I just want it to be over and I want to be settled into a job and be happy with it. I know im not going to be 100 percent happy and enjoying it etc especially my first job but I just want to not feel like how I often currently feel like. Atm I just get stressed, down, alone, hopeless, I have times where I feel like crying or do cry a bit when I'm in bed alone, I'm just worrying everyday about everything like its not fun. I just want to feel somewhat good about everything. I wouldn't keep posting about it all but I keep struggling.
Post edited by FordRanger on

Comments

• Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 645 Incredible Poster
    It is hard looking for jobs and it's understandable it would you get down, especially if this has been going on for a while and you worry about your situation not changing.

But it's really positive to hear that you have a job interview- let us know how it went!

Even if you don't get the job, getting to the interview stage is really good and shows progress. You'll also have experiences in how interviews go as well so if you don't get the job, you can be more prepared for next time.

I don't think not having your passport will put off employers. It's important for them to do all the legal checks that you can legally work in the UK (which is why you need a British passport or other legal document to prove this). But since we don't use our passports often, I imagine many people would have forgotten where they put their passport or misplaced it.

It's good to have back up plans and other options. Any job will give you a basic income and you don't have to work at the job forever. It also makes sense that you don't want to go down the self-employed route yet as this doesn't guarantee you financial stability. And it's also understandable that you won't be applying for jobs that require certain qualifications or experience, if you know you don't have those at the moment. Being realistic while keeping your options fairly open is a good way of job searching as you are more likely to apply for jobs that you have a fair chance of getting and being able to do.

It's difficult when you don't have a routine and are worrying about things all the time. It also makes sense that you think you'd feel better once you've got a job as that is currently what is stressing you out. But with all your effort and now with the help of a mentor, hopefully you'll find something!

Take care and keep us updated!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Maisy wrote: »
    It is hard looking for jobs and it's understandable it would you get down, especially if this has been going on for a while and you worry about your situation not changing.

But it's really positive to hear that you have a job interview- let us know how it went!

Even if you don't get the job, getting to the interview stage is really good and shows progress. You'll also have experiences in how interviews go as well so if you don't get the job, you can be more prepared for next time.

I don't think not having your passport will put off employers. It's important for them to do all the legal checks that you can legally work in the UK (which is why you need a British passport or other legal document to prove this). But since we don't use our passports often, I imagine many people would have forgotten where they put their passport or misplaced it.

It's good to have back up plans and other options. Any job will give you a basic income and you don't have to work at the job forever. It also makes sense that you don't want to go down the self-employed route yet as this doesn't guarantee you financial stability. And it's also understandable that you won't be applying for jobs that require certain qualifications or experience, if you know you don't have those at the moment. Being realistic while keeping your options fairly open is a good way of job searching as you are more likely to apply for jobs that you have a fair chance of getting and being able to do.

It's difficult when you don't have a routine and are worrying about things all the time. It also makes sense that you think you'd feel better once you've got a job as that is currently what is stressing you out. But with all your effort and now with the help of a mentor, hopefully you'll find something!

Take care and keep us updated!

@Maisy hi, thanks for your support here. I have had the job interview, it went ok, I forgot my passport the day before so they Saif they need that for the interview so rescheduled for ne next day. They said there's only 1 role and several people coming in so it's likely I might not have the job. Its a good step though but yh. I should find something soon.
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Heya @FordRanger well done on completing the interview that’s a big step! When will u hear about the result? Big well done no matter what the outcome we r all very proud :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ebyrne556 wrote: »
    Heya @FordRanger well done on completing the interview that’s a big step! When will u hear about the result? Big well done no matter what the outcome we r all very proud :)

@ebyrne556 thanks a lot, heard yesterday and unfortunately I didn't get it. There was only 1 job and a few candidates tbf though. I'll just keep applying, I think getting to the interview stage is a bigger step.
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    sounds like you're one step closer to getting a job - which is amazing. Although it can be a little disheartening to not get the jobs we apply for, you're definitely on the path to finding something. It's only a matter of time i'm sure of it.

Keep going with applying and at some point you'll get it