Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hardest Break up

Abigail123Abigail123 Posts: 33 Boards Initiate
Hey everyone,
This weekend just gone was the hardest weekend I've ever had. Me and my boyfriend went to this youth thing 4 hours way. it was meant to be a good weekend seeing people i know and meeting new people.but very quickly this turned into one of the worst weekend. my boyfriend who drove us both there and meant to be back, decided that he was going to break up with me with no real reason. this left me feeling so upset and confused. but also put me in a situation that wasn't fair. i had to try to find my way back home that didn't include him as i just couldn't even talk to him, so i was definitely not siting in a car with him. we have been together for a year and half. i have so much love for him which just makes it even harder. i did find a way to get home, which i was thankful for people helping me. but when i got home it hit me hard as that was it and i didn't want that. there was no warning signs or anything. i was completely in shock. it day 3 and I'm just in peise but I've alsofound out that he is spreading lies about are relationship and why he broke up with me but he can't say it to my face. I'm glad i know his true colours now, as i don't want to be with someone like that but it doesn't stop how painful it is. I'm trying to not relapse and not go back mentally but its so hard. this is just the worst break up with the situation and what he's saying to others, like he couldn't make it harder for me if he tried. i just want this hard ache to stop but its going to take time.i just wish this weekend never happened. i feel like thishas made my trust issues worst. i can't see me trusting someone how i trusted him to not do the same and puit me in a situation that could have ended badly. i just had to post about it as i feel so alone and i need to juts let it all out.
thanks
Abigail

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    edited April 28
    Hey @Abigail. You have done so well in reaching out to us and sharing this with us, despite it being so difficult for you.

Break-ups can be really tough, especially when they feel so sudden and 'for no reason'. It sounds like being so far away at the time felt particularly unfair.

I can hear how this has left you feeling so upset and confused, despite being glad you could see his true colours.

What might help at the moment - would this be talking to him about the reason or would this be something else?

It is really hard but you are doing so well and we are here to support you through this hard time. How has letting it all out made you feel? <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Hey @Abigail - thank you for sharing your experience with us here. Your feelings are valid - this is something that you were together with for a long time and trusted, and you had positive expectations for the weekend away; so to experience a break up, an awful weekend, and discover that he's been spreading information about you is a lot.

It's reasonable and valid to feel in pain and shock after what you've been through, and feeling like you were alone can magnify that pain. As you say, it's good that you got to see his true colours and got out of that situation. But at the moment, it feels like a small silver lining compared to the pain you're going through.

I hope that being able to write this out has helped you to have an outlet for your emotions. And of course, you are welcome to share more about your experience and feelings if you find that to be helpful! We're here to support you through this <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.