Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I've never felt so alone

joshy123joshy123 Posts: 52 Boards Initiate
Happy Easter everyone I'm currently in the bathroom hiding from my family crying I don't think I've genuinely ever felt this alone I hate this feeling I just wanna have people my own age to hang out with and go places with what someone my age should be doing I fucking hate this so much how do you make friends when there are no clubs or youth clubs I bowl but it's all old people I just want people to hang out with is that too much to want
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    Sorry to hear you're struggling @joshy123 it sounds really hard having to deal with the fact you're feeling alone

Are there any clubs within your school/college?

You seem like such a lovely person so I hope things get easier for you, we're all here for you whenever you need on the mix <3
  • Options
    Sunshine12Sunshine12 Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    @joshy123 hey I’m sorry to hear your going through a tough time at the moment and I can only hope things get better for u. I agree with @lunarcat522 you seem like a lovely person and like you’d be a great friend. I think one of the best things to do when feeling lonely (as someone who had a very rough primary school and high school experience) is learning to enjoy your own company, finding things that u enjoy doing alone like going for walks, learning new skills, music etc. can rrly help subside the feelings of loneliness. Of course though I understand that having friends is something that you’d want too. I guess the only way I can think of is trying to meet naturally maybe say if ur into music or books etc. u could go to a store for that and speak to someone ur age maybe compliment what they’re buying etc. obviously a bit of a bold move but ppl rlly like to be complimented and talk about themselves!! Sending love ❤️
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 124 The Mix Convert
    Hi @joshy123 I'm so sorry to hear you feel so alone at the moment, it's so understandable to want to find other people your age to share experiences with. We are here for you <3

I agree with the suggestions above about finding friends through your hobbies and interests. If there isn't a group out there for your particular interest, perhaps you could start one? There could be others out there in a similar situation. Making new friends can be so tricky at any stage of life and it can be so scary to put yourself out there. From my experience I would say that making new friends is often about having confidence in yourself - you are a great person with lots to offer! :3
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 634 Incredible Poster
    Feeling alone is awful and I understand why you wanted to hide away and cry. But I'm wondering if you could talk to your family about how you feel? I understand that you are home schooled and so naturally you don't have the built in peers of your own age group that you'd have in school, but perhaps your family don't realise just how alone you feel? Maybe if they knew, they could do something to help. For example, in some areas, there are home school social groups so that those who are home schooled and can meet up with others who are also home schooled.

I think it's good that you bowl, even if it is older people. But it does sound like you could do with more opportunities to meet people your own age. Do you have any other hobbies you could get into? Or any other activities and events that you could go to in your local area where you could meet others? Another thing you could try is volunteering. There might be a wide range of ages but many young people also volunteer so you might have more luck meeting potential friends this way.

Keep putting yourself out there <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.