Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Feel like running away

VerinelinVerinelin Posts: 13 Settling in
I've been feeling really awful lately and feel like running away would be the best option. I don't know where I'd go or what I'd do but it feels like anything would feel better than how I'm feeling now.

Comments

• Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    That sounds really difficult @Verinelin . Would you like to talk a bit more about what's going on for you?

We're all here for you <3
  • Options
    I think I just want to escape how I'm feeling and this feels like the least harmful way and a way i might hurt my family less than actually doing something to myself. Other than that, I don't really know why as things at home are generally ok. I'm slightly worried that my dad might start drinking badly again as he been having drinks way more often recently but even though I really worry about it, I know he's made a lot of progress and hopefully won't start again. I think I'm also starting to feel a bit overwhelmed at home and I feel like if I left it would be a chance to calm down but I don't know. I just don't know what to do anymore.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,022 Community Veteran
    @Verinelin

Sending you a big hug right now and also I am glad that you reached out on here about this.

This definitely does sound like a super tricky situation at the moment for you and I can imagine how your home life must be making you feel right now. I just wanted to ask are you safe at the moment?. I know sometimes when we have a lot on our minds, we just want to run from everything and put things in the past. It sounds like you have been worried about your dad recently and moreover his own well-being as well as yours. It also sounds like you have been trying to support them as well through their own struggles. So I know that must also add to the extra pressure of home life and everything else in the balance.

I am always here if you need someone right now,

sending you a massive hug,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Thank you @Amy22

Honestly, I had a really bad day yesterday and ended up having to be checked up on by the police which was really anxiety provoking. I definitely think I annoyed them as I super stressed so wasn't the nicest. I'm still really struggling but I'm safe. I still definitely feel like running away but it seems more impractical now.

Thankfully, I think my dad is making an effort not to drink this week after he had a bit of a bad weekend with it.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,022 Community Veteran
    @Verinelin Having police visits can be super frightening and stressful for some. I know it's easier said than done but I am sure you didn't annoy them because you were going through a rough patch the other day so you woulden't be 100% up and running. If the police thought that then personally I think they should have more understanding of crisis calls and people in general. The main thing is that you are safe. I get you as you still have those feeling of running away but maybe looking at it in a different perspective?.

It sounds like you and your dad have been struggling for a few days.

Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films