Home› Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

I need a hug (v2.0) 💚

Comments

• Options
    eylaheylah Posts: 272 The Mix Regular
    sending you all hugs. today. :). you got this. <3
  • Options
    TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 1,508 Extreme Poster
    Im panicking
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 822 Part of The Mix Family
    Sending hugs to you all today - there is always hope even when things look bleak now. <3
  • Options
    hi. @Rose113 . it does seem to be scam. there a lot going abt scam calls. sry to hear your panicking. try not to worry. ur not going prison. as you done nothing wrong. hugs. <3
  • Options
    Gemma wrote: »
    Sending hugs to you all today - there is always hope even when things look bleak now. <3

thank you. gemma. <3
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,427 Wise Owl
    Yk what's shitty....when mums ill I look after her, when I'm ill I get screamed at not being allowed to rest
    ♡ she was like a star ♡
    ♡ nothing but a beautiful echo ♡
    ♡ of death ♡
  • Options
    spacedogspacedog Posts: 1,023 Wise Owl
    No one will fucking serve me in the pub
  • Options
    spacedogspacedog Posts: 1,023 Wise Owl
    Been to 3
  • Options
    spacedog wrote: »
    I just want a wee drink that's all

would that be safe. hugs. 🫂
  • Options
    @spacedog . as long as your safe. that all that matters. is that your safe. <3
  • Options
    Matthew_04Matthew_04 Moderator Posts: 106 The Mix Convert
    Sending big hugs to everyone, although circumstances aren't great, it's wonderful to see everyone looking out for each other <3
    eylah wrote: »
    i was just told to do something. im so upset. :heartbreak: .

Just checking in @eylah as it sounds like what you had to do left you feeling pretty unhappy, how are you now? We're always here if you want to talk about it <3
  • Options
    hi. @Matthew_04 . it is not nice was i told. so i am ok. thank you. just not nice from someone you love and close to you tells me that.
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,217 Wise Owl
    So stressed, trying to be an adult is so hard
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,427 Wise Owl
    In agony, can barely move 💔
    ♡ she was like a star ♡
    ♡ nothing but a beautiful echo ♡
    ♡ of death ♡
  • Options
    Orchid059Orchid059 Moderator Posts: 130 The Mix Convert
    Hi @TheNightmare I just wanted to check in with you about the phone call about the job offer you had the other day. Did they ever call you back about your options?
  • Options
    Hi @Rose113 I'm sorry you are in such pain. Are you safe? If you are still in a lot of pain I would recommend calling 111 or if it is an emergency definitely call 999.

We are here for you. Reply to us when you get the chance so we know how you are getting on <3
  • Options
    So stressed, trying to be an adult is so hard

I understand it is so difficult @AnonymousToe. I feel especially they do just chuck the youth in the deep end sometimes to fend for ourselves without much guidance. Is there anything in particular that brought this thought on?

I am here to listen to you and will be around on the boards till 11 am.

Sending you hugs <3
  • Options
    TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 1,508 Extreme Poster
    Hi @TheNightmare I just wanted to check in with you about the phone call about the job offer you had the other day. Did they ever call you back about your options?

@Orchid059 no unfortunately 😢, I really messed up with that. Thanks for asking about it though.
  • Options
    @TheNightmare that's okay, try not to be too harsh on yourself about the situation. Despite what your job advisor said, it is not that you're not helping yourself at all, you were trying to weigh up your options that best align with your needs and abilities. If it was a job you are keen on though, sometimes ringing them up yourself and explaining you would like to fight for the position shows willing and resilience.

I remember one time I got rejected at the interview stage for an important degree change for me. My sister encouraged me to send another email explaining my desire to join this competitive course and they reconsidered my application and now I am studying the Masters I've always wanted to do.

The take home message I would say, is don't give up! You will get there eventually. You are doing so well and you should be proud of yourself for actively trying to maintain this job hunt!

Keep us updated with how you are doing <3