Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

I need a hug (v2.0) 💚

Comments

• Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 822 Part of The Mix Family
    Siena wrote: »
    Was planning on getting drunk and see where that takes me
    Does anyone else feel extremely physically sick when they are in crisis cause I get boarderline I feel sick I could be sick feeling when I haven’t taken anything or anything

I'm really hearing how difficult things are feeling for you right now Shaunie. The staff team will drop you a DM to check in and to see how we can best support you today. <3

If you do feel like you're in crisis, we would urge you to reach out to the crisis services below. We really care about you and as The Mix isn't set up to be a crisis service, we'd want to ensure you're directed to the best source of support for you in this moment.
    *If you need urgent help or have any concerns for your health or safety, the quickest way to get help is to call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. 
    *Local urgent mental health helpline | Open 24/7 | Find details about your local service here.
    *Crisis Messenger - Our crisis messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re aged 25 or under, you can text THEMIX to 85258.
    *Papyrus - If you are having thoughts of suicide, you can contact HOPELINEUK for confidential support and practical advice. You can call them on 0800 068 4141 or text them on 07786209697.
    *Samaritans are reachable by phone and email 24/7. Whatever you're going through, you can call them any time, from any phone on 116 123.

Keep fighting those thoughts Shaunie <3
  • Options
    edited June 30
    spacedog wrote: »
    @Gemma all they said was to wait until Monday and phone my mental health team. Trying to phone the crisis team but they're not available apparently even though they're open. My head hurts - drinking just a wee bit again too

I'm really sorry to hear this @spacedog - it's really terrible that you've been told to wait until Monday when you need help now. If the crisis team are supposed to be open, we'd recommend you keep trying them until you get through. You really do deserve that support.

You can find your local urgent mental health helpline which is open 24/7 here: https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/mental-health/find-an-urgent-mental-health-helpline

We do also have our Crisis Messenger text service which provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. You don't have to be in crisis to contact them. You can just text THEMIX to 85258.

Is there anything you can do to look after yourself today and make sure you can keep yourself safe? We're here for you @spacedog and care for you a great deal. <3

If you do feel like you're in crisis, we would urge you to reach out to the crisis services below. We really care about you and as The Mix isn't set up to be a crisis service, we'd want to ensure you're directed to the best source of support for you in this moment.
    *If you need urgent help or have any concerns for your health or safety, the quickest way to get help is to call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. 
    *Local urgent mental health helpline | Open 24/7 | Find details about your local service here.
    *Crisis Messenger - Our crisis messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re aged 25 or under, you can text THEMIX to 85258.
    *Papyrus - If you are having thoughts of suicide, you can contact HOPELINEUK for confidential support and practical advice. You can call them on 0800 068 4141 or text them on 07786209697.
    *Samaritans are reachable by phone and email 24/7. Whatever you're going through, you can call them any time, from any phone on 116 123.
  • Options
    eylaheylah Posts: 272 The Mix Regular
    im sorry. @AnonymousToe . here for you. <3
  • Options
    Rose113 wrote: »
    Im going insane

are you ok. hope your days going ok. here for you. <3

• Options
    heart palpitations are scary. hate them. :heartbreak:
  • Options
    edited June 30
    spacedog wrote: »
    @Gemma I've tried phoning like 15 times and they still won't answer - my parents are trying to stop me drinking idk who the fuck to phone I was trying to phone a Welsh helpline cause I was so desperate but then they said they don't know what to do because I just can't access any support and I don't know what to do

I'm really sorry @spacedog - they really should be answering if they are a 24/7 service. It's not right that you've been left like this.

Do you feel able to give Samaritans a call or Papyrus? Breathing Space is also a Scottish charity - they have a helpline which you can call. Calm's helpline should also be open from 5pm-midnight tonight.

How would you feel about reaching out to any of these services? They could maybe help explore how to get you some more support or at least give you some comfort until you can talk to your mental health team tomorrow.

Sending you lots of strength @spacedog - we're all here for you through this. <3
  • Options
    eylah wrote: »
    @Gemma you are so kind. <3

all love <3
  • Options
    Orchid059Orchid059 Moderator Posts: 130 The Mix Convert
    Does anyone else feel extremely physically sick when they are in crisis cause I get boarderline I feel sick I could be sick feeling when I haven’t taken anything or anything

Hi @Siena I used to experience this when I was in my later years at school. I used to feel physically sick from chronic anxiety but my therapist told me how closely linked the brain and the mind are- it's called the brain/gut axis and by reading up on it online, I actually found it useful in managing my symptoms. I am sorry you are experiencing this because it is not a nice feeling at all.

Have you been in contact with a GP or local mental health professional? Talking about your thoughts and feelings can allow you to unpick patterns and monitor behaviours to prevent the nausea from returning. A little short-term relief tip I found useful was chewing peppermint gum or eating a ginger biscuit. Hope this helps a little bit <3
  • Options
    Orchid059Orchid059 Moderator Posts: 130 The Mix Convert
    @spacedogspacedog @eylah @TheNightmare @Chloe234 I am hearing you are all going through a difficult time at the moment. You're doing so well in reaching out and keep updating us with how you are getting on <3
  • Options
    im not ok. im really not. :(
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,217 Wise Owl
    Big hugs @eylah you can talk to us <3
  • Options
    thank you. @AnonymousToe . waiting for shout again. :(
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,291 Boards Champion
    Trying to keep it all together