Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

the open university

toffuna101toffuna101 Posts: 154 Helping Hand
edited March 27 in Work & Study
at home ive been thinking about my future when i came across a youtube ad of the open university. i conducted some research using their website and the premise of it sounds really cool. its like doing a degree but its online and not in campus. they have lots of free courses for everyone as well, so after i finish with my gcses ill definitely have a look at those. its another option for me to consider rather than going down the conventional route, having to mess about with finding accommodation and experiencing a drastic change in my social life. the actual bachelor degree scheme is cheaper too. i have no idea what will happen in two and a half years time, therefore i have to be ready for it. the best part is that i can study part time in case i get a job or if anything else happens
Post edited by JustV on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ameliaJayneameliaJayne Moderator Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    @toffuna101 this sounds so amazing! Good on you for looking at your future after school. You should be really proud of yourself!! It definitely helps to start looking earlier on. :3 Do you know what you might like to study?

• Options
    @ameliaJayne i have no idea yet because its too early to tell whether ill do good in my a-levels or not because ive heard that they're more complex with what they teach. a lot of it is self-study too, which ironically is what the open university stands for
  • Options
    plus im not entirely sure what career i want to have in the future. my a-level choices that i applied for lean more towards essay writing rather than analytics and numbers
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,021 Wise Owl
    Honestly, you’re way ahead compared to where I was looking to the future before my A levels. I didn’t really start thinking about uni at all until the end of year 12 lol. Also I’ll be going to uni in September and I still don’t know what career I want to have, so don’t worry about that.
  • Options
    @AnonymousToe thats reassuring
    when i was younger in primary school i thought that you needed to have a dream job and aim for it by getting a good education, when in reality its much more complicated than that. what degree did you apply for?
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,021 Wise Owl
    @toffuna101 i applied to do chemistry 😂 just because it was my favourite subject at A level, and I’ll just see where it takes me.
  • Options
    @AnonymousToe thats amazing