Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Having a parent who hoards

124»

Comments

• Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,034 Wise Owl
    She’s asking me to move things again and I feel like crap
  • Options
    I really can’t take everyone shouting at me over things I can’t help. I opened a drawer and some stuff balanced against the drawers fell down. Our house is a state to the point that you don’t actually know what’s fallen. My sister came in and saw one of her things wasn’t where she left it, so she blamed me and my mum joined in. You literally can’t touch anything in this dump 😭
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,135 Part of The Furniture
    It sounds really upsetting that everyone is shouting at you for things you can't help @AnonymousToe. I am hearing this feels out of control at the moment and other people's reactions are only making this more difficult for you. Is there anything which might help this to feel more manageable for you at the moment? We are all here with you.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Thanks @Laura_tigger82 I’m just trying to focus on the fact that I’ll be going to uni fairly soon now and won’t be stuck in this house all the time. I don’t have control over it so the only way to manage is to try and forget about it. Sometimes that’s impossible, but I’m also so desensitised to the hoarding that I don’t always notice it.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,877 Extreme Poster
    Hey @AnonymousToe, I can hear how difficult this is for you - feeling this way for so long that you feel desensitised doesn't reduce the validity of how you feel about this situation. I hope that focusing on a goal like uni is helpful as it frames the situation as a temporary one for you. Wishing you strength through this, and we're here to support you through the situation <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.