Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Family

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,986 Community Veteran
Is a step gma family? the reason I ask is coz she doesn't hav no filter. She ruined Xmas by regurgitating venison In a bottom belch wen it was bought special. She p*sses off family but they don't say coz she hate being in the wrong.
She said grace twice in one dinner. Nd she shouldn't get upset at Xmas, she made us miss Dr who (we nvr miss the Xmas one). Even wen she tlkd about dead ppl in grace, I interrupted her n tlkd about the universe, to make her b quiet coz wat she says was triggering. Arggg. She didn't tell anyone about her b belch
Nd she sed I gave off bad vibes. 🤬 her. Sorry I had to rant
Wen I sed grace I tlkd about the future, I'm not religious but I didn't want a negative dinner
Shall I go if family goes to visit bc its hard to stand her forever
Also she told off me for picking up a Yorkshire pudding.
She talks always, nd wen she tlks wen im enjoying a film, I jump n think to myself 'stfu'
The gma I got on with who was Scandinavian we got on well she's dead now
Should I blank her frm now on?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,030 Wise Owl
    Not sure what you should do but it sounds like she’s just a rude person in general to be honest. Maybe you could ask other family members what they think of it or what they think you should do? She’s not entitled to having you be there if she’s going to treat you like that, but then again it might just be easier to put up with it and ignore her. It depends how bad it is and it’s up to you really.
  • Options
    DavidDavid Posts: 92 Budding Regular
    Can you avoid ever seeing her again?
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 645 Incredible Poster
    Hey there,

Someone who is 'step' is technically family but they aren't biologically/blood related to you.

It sounds like your step grandma is a difficult person for your family to get along with and as you've said, your family don't say anything because she doesn't like to be wrong. If saying something might make things worse, then it might be worth trying to spend less time with her and just reminding yourself when you are with her that it's only for short amounts of time (e.g. if you see her over the Christmas holidays but don't really bother with her much otherwise).

It sounds like there is often a clash between your step grandma and you. Perhaps she wanted to mention dead people during grace as a way of remembering them, but she didn't think that it can be upsetting to mention people who aren't with us anymore. Equally, she might not watch Dr.Who so might not have thought that it was worth watching, although it is unfair that she made you miss it.

If you are having a really difficult time getting along with her, you might want to ask your family whether you have to visit her in the future and explain that you struggle to get along with her.

Hope this helps a bit <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    DavidDavid Posts: 92 Budding Regular
    Millions of people are related to people whom they dislike. She's quite a distant relative, so if you can avoid her, it's best to do so. It's better than having arguments. Many people don't say anything to difficult relatives because they want to avoid confrontation, so you can't expect anyone to correct her & doing so yourself is likely to make matters worse.