Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Repetitive Dreams (Monologue)

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,809 Master Poster
This is a monologue I wrote inspired by the idea of how people might struggle to sleep and how they are feeling.

All I want to do is get to sleep but I can`t. My body is telling me to sleep but my mind is keeping me awake. Why won`t the constant thoughts and anxiety stop even just for a few minutes? It seems as though it is never ending and all I want to do is escape. I feel scared. Scared of going to sleep. Scared of my mind. When I do dream, it always is about falling. People will always tell you that it`s not the jump you`re afraid of. It`s the falling. I don`t know how to feel about that. I`ve always thought to fall would be the best part. To feel weightless. As though gravity had left you entirely. As though your feet would never touch the earth again. It all makes it seem much less scary but there still seems to be something in my mind making me feel scared. What is it? I`m not afraid to jump. I welcome the fall. So, what is it that I fear? The trauma. The constant memories. Getting pushed down. However, falling also requires getting back up again. I must keep going. The crashing waves don`t last forever no matter how much they appear to go on and on and on. They will settle and so will I. I need to sleep. Sleep body. Sleep.
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 645 Incredible Poster
    You are really good at writing descriptive monologues! I particularly like the description of falling and feeling like your feet would never touch the earth! Thanks for sharing :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    cc_ilariacc_ilaria Posts: 79 Budding Regular
    @Dancer I love reading through these!! You're so talented and you do an amazing job at describing these experiences people face 💜 thank you for posting :)
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,064 Wise Owl
    @Dancer - this is sooooooo good. you're writing skills are incredible so thank you for sharing it with us and letting us read the amazing stuff you create