Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

my relationship

Rose113Rose113 Deactivated Posts: 1,159 Wise Owl
edited October 2023 in Sex & Relationships
my boyfriend hurt me and its not first time :(
  1. he doesnt trust me
  2. he thinks i dont love him
  3. he doesnt know boundaries
  4. he thinks im cheating
  5. he hates me being close to others
i told him to leave me alone too
✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,132 Part of The Furniture
    You don't deserve to be hurt @River :/ but you are doing so well sharing this with us <3 You deserve to be treated with love, care, kindness and respect.

Do you feel comfortable sharing more about the ways in which ways has your boyfriend hurt you - is this 1-5 or something in addition to these? We want to hear you as clearly as possible.

You deserve to ask for your space if you need it - did he give you the space you were looking for and asked for? We are here with you and listening to you <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Deactivated Posts: 1,159 Wise Owl
    @Laura_tigger82 I ended up breaking up with him, things got extremely messy
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,132 Part of The Furniture
    Would you like to talk to us more about this @River and how you are currently feeling about this? It sounds really difficult that things got extremely messy and you had to break up with him. Sending you hugs. We are all here with you <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 468 Listening Ear
    Hi @River, I'm so sorry to hear about this - I can't imagine how awful this experience has been for you. You deserve to be loved with trust, kindness, and respect. You're very brave for sharing this with us, and for acknowledging that he hurt you. I'm so sorry that breaking up with him ended up being messy. Breakups are definitely not easy at all - but you're so brave for doing this instead of letting him cause you more pain in the long term.

Please allow yourself a lot of time to heal from this. Do you have any hobbies that you could partake in in the meantime? Self-care activities that may help include reading a book, going out for
    a walk, eating your favourite snack...etc. Alternatively, for you to get some closure and understand your feelings better, you can write them down on a journal, which may help you feel better. You're also more than welcome to continue talking about this with members of the community here on the discussion boards.

We're here for you whenever you need us. <3

Sending lots of hugs,

Kai <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    knej23knej23 Posts: 34 Boards Initiate
    Hi @River well done for recognising that it was time to leave. I know this can be difficult sometimes but if you were able to take that step yourself then you’re already on a path to healing. It helps that you are able to reflect on the relationship.@kaii gave some very good suggestions on how you can heal from the breakup. Sending hugs your way :)