Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Confussled

Rose113Rose113 Deactivated Posts: 1,159 Wise Owl
im really confused about something. its like i have weird epidodes daily like i can be fine for 30 mins and then go sad straight after for no reason and then ill just been fine again as if i wasnt just sad. its been going on for a while now but recently a lot more and worse. i dont know why its like that it just seems to be that way.
is there something wrong with me?
✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨

Comments

• Options
    VicK_toriousVicK_torious Posts: 107 The Mix Convert
    Hey @River
    Is it possible that you're going through a stressful period at the moment?
    I very frequntely find myself to have these episodes when i am super stressed for a prolonged period of time, anxious, easily irritated like i'll be really angry at stupid things and then later act as if nothing has happened
    I believe it can be normal sometimes, but if it is interfearing with your daily and personal life, I would really motivate you to do some thinking behind it! Just a little introspection of how and where this episodes come from, when they appear? is there a pattern? things like that ♥
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Deactivated Posts: 1,159 Wise Owl
    @vicky_zin I really dont know :s sorry
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    VicK_toriousVicK_torious Posts: 107 The Mix Convert
    That's okay! Well, my advice would be to start writting a mini journal maybe. When episodes like that happen, you can write about them when you feel better. You will find it easier to look for patterns this way, and understand if there is any trigger for it!
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,885 Extreme Poster
    edited October 2023
    Hey @River, I hear that can be confusing. Echoing what @vicky_zin says, our emotional state can wax and wane naturally based on our thoughts and environment, but it sounds like this is becoming increasingly concerning for you. If there isn't a pattern you can see at the moment, it's understandable to feel confused, because we don't know why we feel the way we feel in this case.

But in either case, your feelings are valid. We might not always know why we feel a certain way, but we do feel that way in the moment, and that's okay. As said above, methods like journalling can be helpful to find some answers or patterns, or even just as an outlet for your emotions. Your emotions matter, and you matter <3

If you're concerned about the trend of worsening incidences, there's the option of speaking to a GP, who can help you to access support services that can help you in navigating this. You're not alone, and you have support on hand every step of the way. And we'll be here to listen to you too :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.