Homeβ€Ί General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Autumn themed quiz! πŸ‚

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
edited October 2023 in General Chat
ttbd1wdgt2k9.png

We've put together a fun Autumn themed quiz! Comment your answers in a spoiler below :)

1. What causes the leaves on trees to change colours in the autumn? 🌳
a) decreased sunlight
b) increased rainfall
c) cooler temperatures
d) longer days

2. Which spice is often used in autumn inspired drinks like pumpkin spice lattes? β˜•
a) Cinnamon
b) Basil
c) Oregano
d) Paprika

3. Hedgehogs begin hibernating in Autumn. What is a baby hedgehog called? πŸ¦”
a) a hedge
b) a hoglet
c) a prickle
d) a hatchling

4. Pumpkins are a fruit or vegetable? πŸŽƒ
a) Fruit
b) Vegetable

5. Pumpkins do not grow on which continent? πŸ—ΊοΈ
a. Australia
b. Asia
c. Africa
d. Antarctica

6. During autumn, many leaves turn orange because of what pigment? 🍁
a) Chlorophyll
b) Melanin
c) Carotene
d) Xanthophylls
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❀

Comments

• Options
    Here is the answers below....no cheating!
    1. What causes the leaves on trees to change colours in the autumn? 🌳
    a) decreased sunlight
    b) increased rainfall
    c) cooler temperatures
    d) longer days

2. Which spice is often used in autumn inspired drinks like pumpkin spice lattes? β˜•
    a) Cinnamon
    b) Basil
    c) Oregano
    d) Paprika

3. Hedgehogs begin hibernating in Autumn. What is a baby hedgehog called? πŸ¦”
    a) a hedge
    b) a hoglet
    c) a prickle
    d) a hatchling

4. Pumpkins are a fruit or vegetable? πŸŽƒ
    a) Fruit
    b) Vegetable

5. Pumpkins do not grow on which continent? πŸ—ΊοΈ
    a. Australia
    b. Asia
    c. Africa
    d. Antarctica

6. During autumn, many leaves turn orange because of what pigment? 🍁
    a) Chlorophyll
    b) Melanin
    c) Carotene
    d) xanthophylls
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❀
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    Okay here are my answers:

1) A

2) A

3) B

4) A

5) D

6) A

:) I have a feeling I haven't done well lol but I will check the answers underneath soon
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    I just looked at the answers and I got 4/6 I didn't know leaves change colour because of temperature and that they have carotene. Also I didnt cheat lol eventhough my brain was tempted xd.
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    With no cheating I also got 5/6 - i got the last question wrong. I had no idea about the pigment so took a wild guess and was wrong but oh well :3
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @Amy22 It's quite interesting why leaves change colour as I think it's to do with the different pigments that absorb light and when autumn comes there's less of the green chlorophyll pigment? We learned about it in biology but it's been a while! There's different types of chlorophyll for helping absorb light for photosynthesis.

I only remember this because I loved biology at school, particularly plant biology for some reason, but I know a lot of people weren't a fan and preferred animal/human biology
  • Options
    @lunarcat522 I also loved biology at school and learning about plants was super fun!. I also did the quiz on my Instagram too and similar answers. I did the instagram quiz straight after the quiz on here even though I knew the answers lol but I had a guess.
  • Options
    So glad you all enjoyed the quiz! We'll have to do more of these! I found it so interesting learning about Autumn when putting together the questions <3

Well done all of you!
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,108 Wise Owl
    1. c
    2. a
    3. b
    4. b
    5. a
    6. a
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨