Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Confused

Rose113Rose113 Deactivated Posts: 1,159 Wise Owl
My brother keeps messaging me like something is up but he won't tell me which is kinda worrying. I'm not sure what to do because obviously I can't force him to talk to me. I dont know how to like approach it :/
✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨

Comments

• Options
    LydsRose9LydsRose9 Posts: 106 The Mix Convert
    Hi @River

I can completely understand why this is worrying you, it must be so difficult to know your brother is struggling but not being able to force him to talk. Perhaps for him just knowing that you are there for him, and will be there if he decides he does want to talk is comforting for him. Sometimes just knowing you have a support system around you if you decide you want to open up eventually is very reassuring. You could always point him towards The Mix or other mental health charities that he can talk to, as perhaps he feels he wants to talk to a stranger, some people find it easier to open up to people they don’t have a history with.

Lydia <3
    Keep fighting the good fight!
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    Hi @River , I have a sister and similar concerns too sometimes. It's understandable that you're concerned about your brother, especially when he's sending messages that seem to indicate something is wrong. While you can't force him to talk, you can try to approach the situation with empathy and support. For example, expressing concerns, offering a safe space, respecting his pace, staying connected.

Remember that you're doing your best to be there for your brother, and that in itself can be a source of comfort. Your willingness to listen and support him can make a significant difference in his well-being.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Thank you @Terry8936
  • Options
    Thank you so much @LydsRose9