Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Don’t have anything to do with my ex anymore

Hi guys so not long ago I was still trying to be friends with my ex when I called him at night a few weeks ago I said to him do you still love me he said no I don’t and that hurt my feelings to be honest. He said he doesn’t care anymore he said he wants to do what makes him happy for once so he said it’s best if we don’t talk anymore.

This is the ex I’ve been going back and forward with for 3 years:(

I’m really attached to him but a few weeks after that someone added me and we are started to talk and I instantly feel attached to him also he feels the same as I do. I just get attached easily. His from Essex but I’m from Birmingham I don’t know how my mom would feel but I feel like he will treat me right because he talks about things and doesn’t judge.

Comments

• Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Hey @_Tech_Addict_Girl , I can understand how that would make you feel hurt. It's difficult to hear when someone we're attached to doesn't reciprocate those feelings, and says those things to us. Have you been able to speak to someone about how it made you feel - a friend or family member, perhaps?

I don't think it's a bad thing to get attached easily - it shows that you're a caring person :) I'm glad to hear that you've found someone that you get on with. I can understand that the distance might be tricky - if you can find a way and the time to make it work, I hope it can bring you both lots of happiness!

How do you feel at the moment?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @Azziman i don’t think his the one I’ll never find love again I don’t think because I have a wheelchair I don’t really go out. I’ve done 3 years of sixth form in September I’m going to a mainstream college and I worried I won’t make any friends because of my wheelchair 😔so I feel lonely etc
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 588 Incredible Poster
    @_Tech_Addict_Girl u will find love i promise <3 , ur an amazing person. i get the feeling of lonliness trust me i have enough experience with that!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Yk6RDFxE8
    'told myself that you were right for me, but felt so lonely in your company'
  • Options
    @libbystrawberry i hate the feeling it’s worse at night 😭
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey @_Tech_Addict_Girl just checking in on you to see how your u hv been in the last couple days, Im hearing the feelings worse at night is there anything that mabye makes it worse? sending lots of hugs to you
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 634 Incredible Poster
    Sorry to hear that your ex feels that way. That must've been devastating to hear. I'm wondering how you feel about the idea of not talking to him anymore? I imagine it must be a really difficult thing to imagine especially seeing that you have previously gone back and forth with him over the last 3 years. But sometimes taking a break and having no contact can be a good thing to help you get over the heartbreak.

As the others have said, there's nothing wrong with being attached and it shows how loving and caring you are. At the same time though, getting attached quickly may make you a bit more vulnerable. I'm wondering how things are with the person who added you? And whether your mum knows? Even though it can be difficult if parents don't approve, it might be because they are looking out for you and want to make sure that you won't get taken advantage of etc.

I don't know what it's like to be in a wheelchair but I have some understanding of some areas of disability. It can be lonely when you are dealing with things that other people don't understand. I think this might feel worse when you are younger because the people around you are the same age and might not understand if there is a lack of education regarding disabilities. But as you get older, and others gain more life experience and awareness of disabilities, it may be that others won't necessarily see a wheelchair as a barrier to friendships or relationships.
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    Hi @_Tech_Addict_Girl thanks for your sharing. It's understandable that you may feel hurt and disappointed by your ex's response when you asked if he still loves you. Ending a relationship and realizing that someone no longer has the same feelings for you can be difficult and painful. It's important to allow yourself to process these emotions and give yourself time to heal.

It's also natural to feel a sense of attachment when you start talking to someone new who shows understanding and treats you well. However, it's important to approach new relationships with caution and take the time to get to know the person first. It's also worth considering how compatible you are in terms of location and other factors that could impact the relationship.

Hope you good luck! We're here to listen :)
  • Options
    emiip98emiip98 Moderator Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    edited June 2023
    Hi @_Tech_Addict_Girl thank you for sharing. Break ups can be hard and it is valid for you to feel hurt in this situation but this will start to become easier with time, as he is putting himself first you also need to do the same as this will help with the healing process.

Its great that you're excited about seeing someone knew, its all about how you feel towards the relationship so just focus on that for now and everything else will fall into place.

Hope all goes well for you and were always here if you need any help :)
  • Options
    @ebyrne556 @Maisy @Terry8936 @eparker98 Hello guys thank you for helping me answering your questions Maisy I do miss talking to him calling him everyday FaceTiming him everyday I still have a strong attachment to him if I’m honest but his blocked me on everything and all I want to do is talk to him. I feel like I’ll never get over him cuz I truly do love him but he thinks I just like him because he said he doesn’t love me so I said I just like him but I actually love him really. I really want him back. With the person that add me my mom doesn’t know about him because it’s nothing serious I don’t think it would work anyway we aren’t talking much now and it’s not going to work anyway cuz I still have feelings for my ex. It hurts to think he has already moved on cuz I love that boy so much still I don’t think no one will ever love me like that again and that’s a very lonely feeling to have. I’m really worse at night time.

About the wheelchair I don’t think everyone will be horrible because I’m not fully disabled I can look after myself etc their will be some horrible ones I know that but they will be older now and probably would have more experience about these kind of things not everyone in college would be horrible I don’t think.

@eparker98 @Terry8936 You are right there what you have said it is very painful and it’s worse to handle at night cuz your just there with your thoughts so it is horrible yes I’ve thought about that and I don’t think it will work with him I’m trying not to get into a new relationship so quick but I feel so alone without my ex right now.

@ebyrne556 Honestly what makes it worse at night is my thoughts I just keep thinking about him and getting upset and I start feeling alone it’s horrible I wouldn’t wish the feeling on anyone
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Hey @_Tech_Addict_Girl, that makes sense. When you were together, you had a routine of things you'd do together, so it's natural that you miss them and him. I know it hurts not being able to talk when you feel so strongly for him, and that it might feel especially painful at night when you can't distract yourself from the feelings. It's okay not to feel okay, and your feelings are valid.

You say that you don't think anyone will ever love you like him again, and that that is a lonely feeling to have. Could you explain a little more about what you mean? You are deserving of love <3

It takes time to heal from this experience, especially when we care so deeply for that person that we can't be together with. Be kind to yourself, allow yourself to feel those feelings, and don't be too hard on yourself. Just as you've been brave to share your experience here, you're welcome to use this space to talk about how you feel and what you're going through. We hear you, and we'll listen to you, because your feelings are valid and you're not alone through this <3
  • Options
    @Azziman i think I’ll never feel like that again because I have a wheelchair and not many people will accept me and I feel like I won’t feel that type of way again because of my wheelchair