Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

im lonely

libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 588 Incredible Poster
have u ever felt alone when ur surrounded by people idk why i always feel left out and its like everywhere i go theres always that one person who hates me. I dont know what to do with myself these days, i have no hope
'told myself that you were right for me, but felt so lonely in your company'
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Hey @libbystrawberry I'm so sorry to hear you feel this way, I wish I knew some advice that could help.
    I relate to this. Its like no matter how many people there are around me I still feel lonely, and I start to make up excuses why I don't like everyone. For example this guy is mean to me so I avoid him and all of his friends (even though they are also my friends), this girl doesn't reply to my messages so she must hate me, my family ask too much from me and start to get annoying, etc.
    I'm not sure if you relate to any of this, but remember you are not alone! We are always here if you need to talk.
    Sending hugs. Take care! :)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    Hi @libbystrawberry you are definitely not alone with feeling like you are lonely around people. I totally understand what it is like being the person in the friend group who feels alone as this something I feel a lot. I notice you mentioned you always feel like that there is someone in the group who doesn't like you. I'm sure that your friend group is very nice and that they are lovely people. I see you on how you feel like there isn't much hope. But just keep going each day. I'm always here if you someone to talk to,

Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    hey @JJLemon18 thx u know i can relate to when people dont reply to mymessages on the same day idk why it feels kinda like theyre rejecting me (its probably from past experiences but yeah) god im rambling ill shush but thx take care tooo <3
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 461 Listening Ear
    Hey @libbystrawberry, thank you so much for reaching out. I just want to say that you're certainly not alone with this feeling at all. I've gone through these lonely feelings - it's absolutely upsetting feeling left out.

You mentioned that you have no hope and are unsure of what to do these days. One thing that helped me cope with these feelings was partaking in my hobbies. Do you have any activities which help you feel better? Another thing was writing my feelings out on a journal, I start out by writing a few things that I'm grateful for, and then writing what's been on my mind. Maybe it could act as a stress reliever and/or give you some mental clarity since you're writing your honest feelings and accepting them without any judgment at all. And finally, I understand that it's difficult to believe now, but please remember that you won't feel this way forever, this is all temporary and it will all pass eventually :smile:

Echoing what others have said above, the community's always here for you anytime, so please don't hesitate to continue reaching out and give us updates!

Sending hugs, please continue to stay strong, I hope this helps!

Kai <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    @kaii i do have a journal(more like diary) and i use it to vent my anger in it, i try to remind myself that as u said it is temporary but its hard to see hope, as for hobbies i like reading and listening to music and they help me in the moment but not in the long run, anyways thx for ur advice and yes it does help thx kaii <3
  • Options
    @Amy22 thx for ur kind words, i do have a good friend group atm but it took a loong time for me to find them and god knows i had so many lonely years in the past it was vey hard but i got through it so hopefully i can get through this, yesterday i felt like walking in front a car and letting it run over me but yeah thx amy im here for u too if u need it <3
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 461 Listening Ear
    Hey @libbystrawberry, I hope you're okay, how are you feeling now?

I completely understand that hopeless feeling of whether or not you'll get better in the future - this is valid especially since you're going through a difficult time. Allow yourself to feel what you're currently feeling.

It's great to hear that reading and listening to music really help you in the moment ^^ I would just like to say that it may help to pay attention and stay consistent with what's making you happy in the moment. Even though you feel like it might not help in the long run, remember that it's enough to feel happy in that moment. It may help you remember that happiness is temporary, which may help you cherish and appreciate these feelings. Likewise, it may remind you that sadness too, is temporary - those negative feelings will pass eventually, and soon you will feel okay again.

Take care,

Kai <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    @kaii thank uuu <3 im doing alright, how r u? thats what i always tell myself that nothing is permanent and it will all pass
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    Hopefully, things will get better for you soon @libbystrawberry. In the meantime, we are here for you if you would like to talk to us about what is going on for you and how you are feeling <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.