Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

fitness Gym

Iris_MizzyIris_Mizzy Posts: 84 Budding Regular
I haven't been to the gym for over 2 months and I'm starting to get negative thoughts about my body.
Am I good enough? I don't like this, I don't look good with this, People Are going to make fun of me, I don't like the way I look, Cover this up cover that up cover everything.
That's some of my thoughts, I'm starting to cover up as much as i can i would hide my face hands, feet everything so no one can any part of me.
I never had these thoughts before there all new to me, I just want to know if there are any ways to get rid of them. ( Right now I cant attend the gym I've been feeling very fainy ).
I've also been thinking about becoming vegan, and I need some support on that as well my head is spinning and I don't know what to think right now.

Comments

• Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    Hi @Iris_Mizzy , Everyone's body is unique and that external appearance does not define your worth as a person. It's important to be kind to yourself and practice self-compassion. Some suggestions that may help you navigate these negative thoughts include challenging negative thoughts, practicing self-care, and seeking support.

If you're thinking about transitioning to a vegan lifestyle, it may be helpful to do some research and seek guidance from a nutritionist or a healthcare professional who can provide you with accurate information and support you in making informed decisions about your diet.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    emiip98emiip98 Moderator Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Iris_Mizzy it is important to be kind to yourself, practice self-love and self-care, whether it be a day to pamper yourself or do something that makes you feel good, challenge your negative thoughts as they do not control you <3

If you feel that being vegan is the best decision for you then thats great, there are plenty of options now, do some research, have a look at vegan recipe's, read blogs about other people who are vegan and how they cope, there are plenty of resources available for you to make an informed decision :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hi @Terry8936 I will do some research about different things you suggested, I'm not sure how to seek support?
  • Options
    @eparker98 I will try my very best but I cant do the stuff I love for example basketball I cant walk to far I only can walk up to my door and if I go any further I will end up fainting.
  • Options
    @eparker98 ( Also I love your profile picture where did you get it from? )
  • Options
    emiip98emiip98 Moderator Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    @Iris_Mizzy if you cannot do the things that you already love then try something new you may find a new hobby that you enjoy which is always exciting :)

My profile picture is just from google where I have searched "stitch" there's loads of cute ones :)
  • Options
    A new hobby I will have to try that, thank you :)