Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I didnt sleep properly today

TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 1,812 Extreme Poster
I spoke about my struggles on the support chat thread on Friday and like not long after that I just realised fuck I think I'm just a failure. Like I have done fuck all recently with life like I just make excuses when people suggest stuff to me , I just don't know what is ideal for me. This morning I woke up at like 5am and started worrying about my future like thinking maybe I am always going to be a failure. I have been down today just thinking about my future. I just worry about all of this often but the past few days have been worse anxiety and its effecting my sleep. Today I have just been down.

Comments

• JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 2,021 Boards Champion
    Hey @FordRanger, I'm really sorry to hear that you're struggling. I want you to remember you are not a failure! We can all have some worse moments but its the choice to keep going that make us who we are. Take care of yourself!
    If you want to talk a bit more about what's bothering you then we are here to listen. :) Sending hugs!
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,998 Extreme Poster
    Hey @FordRanger , it sounds like you're in a difficult place at the moment, and that these thoughts are affecting your sleep patterns as well. Is there something in particular that may have triggered it to be worse in recent days?

I find your question about what's ideal for us intriguing - would you mind sharing a little more about what you mean by it?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 1,812 Extreme Poster
    edited May 2023
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    Hey @FordRanger, I'm really sorry to hear that you're struggling. I want you to remember you are not a failure! We can all have some worse moments but its the choice to keep going that make us who we are. Take care of yourself!
    If you want to talk a bit more about what's bothering you then we are here to listen. :) Sending hugs!

@JJLemon18 I appreciate your reply. Can I ask why you say I'm not a failure?
  • TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 1,812 Extreme Poster
    Azziman wrote: »
    Hey @FordRanger , it sounds like you're in a difficult place at the moment, and that these thoughts are affecting your sleep patterns as well. Is there something in particular that may have triggered it to be worse in recent days?

I find your question about what's ideal for us intriguing - would you mind sharing a little more about what you mean by it?

Hi @Azziman yh its just I have been realising my situation that I'm technically unemployed atm and just the fact life is hard. Having to work the same 9 to 5 circle, I just don't know how I am meant to be happy with that. I was just realising all this on the weekend.
  • JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 2,021 Boards Champion
    FordRanger wrote: »
    JJLemon18 wrote: »

@JJLemon18 I appreciate your reply. Can I ask why you say I'm not a failure?
    @FordRanger Nobody here is a failure. Plus you're reaching out for support in the chats and in these threads which takes courage and you should be proud of that!
    I agree with you, life is hard, really hard. But as long as you keep going you can try to steer your life in such a way that makes you happy. And speaking of, what does make you happy?

I'm sorry I'm not the best at giving advice.
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,998 Extreme Poster
    Hey @FordRanger, I hear you. It sounds like you'd like to work, and you're right - working can give us a sense of fulfilment and purpose in life, so that's completely understandable. @JJLemon18 is right though - this doesn't make you a failure. Work can be meaningful, but each of us still has value and meaning even if we don't have a job right now, and learning that you have value outside work/study is a very helpful lesson to learn. In time, I'm sure that you'll find a role that you find fulfilling and gives you confidence.

That being said, there are things you can do from now that might help you feel better. There's lots of stories on the internet about people doing different roles, and it might be helpful to look around and think about what things you'd like to be a part of. Maybe you love to work with numbers; maybe you'd love to work on tackling climate change; or perhaps you'd like to really work in the public sector. Gathering information is a really useful thing to do at this stage. If you're feeling up to it, talking to people directly about their experience can be even more beneficial as you get a personal insight into their daily working lives. You could also considering looking at career advice services in your school/area to brush up on interview skills and build up your CV, as these would be a big help when the time comes to applying for jobs - the better prepared you are, the less stressful it'll be! Either way, there are things you can get on with to feel like you're progressing towards your goal of employment :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.