Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

F this.

Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,188 Boards Guru
Just feel like fucking shit. I mentally don't have the energy for anything. But there I am doing things with family with a smile on my face just acting ok. But apparently I have "an attitude" when what do they expect, I can't remember the last time any of them have properly checked on me.

Then to top it all off my stepbrother was being all "big I am" to my stepsister (who may I add Is older) trying to control her so she left our siblings chat and I stood up for her bc he was being a dick yet he started having a go at me and then said about family dying.

Earlier was shit too bc I was listing all the people in my head who we need to get easter eggs for and for a second I forgot about my stepmom and nan being gone so I listed them but I realised after and it fucking hurt. I'm done with acting ok and trying to please people I can't argh
🦆💜🦆💜🦆

Comments

• SpaceOtterSpaceOtter Community Champion Posts: 885 Part of The Mix Family
    edited April 2023
    Hey chloe how are you feeling today?

Sending lots of hugs <3

It was really kind of you to stick up for your sister, im sorry he started being mean to you too.

Youve got so much on your plate, im really sorry about everything going on. You never have to bottle it all up, we are always here to listen. Special ocasions must be extra hard. Sending big hugs, sorry i cant help more but im always happy to listen <3
    You're awesome!
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,188 Boards Guru
    Thankyou @SpaceOtter

Honestly still shit if not worse, I'm never gonna get better and I hate it

I can't even find words atm sorry
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
  • genderless_fungigenderless_fungi Moderator Posts: 197 Trailblazer
    Hey @Chloe234

I'm very sorry you've been dealing with all of this, it can be very overwhelming to argue with family members, especially when they do not make you feel loved and supported. it's very positive you chose to stand up for your sister when she needed.

Bereavement can be very hard around holidays, here is a resource you might want to use to discuss things if it ever comes to it
    The Cruse National Helpline is staffed by trained bereavement support volunteers, who offer free emotional support, information, and counselling to anyone affected by a bereavement. Their helpline number is 0808 808 1677 and it is open from Monday and Friday 9:30am-5pm; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9:30am-8pm and Saturday and Sunday from 10am -2pm. They also have a webchat service open from 9am - 9pm Monday to Friday. For email support, you can contact them on helpline@cruse.org.uk. You can also visit their website at www.cruse.org.uk.

You're right in saying that trying to please everyone and acting like everything is fine might do more harm than good. Let us know how you've been feeling and what kind of resources you might need.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.