Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Things are hard..very hard TW death

Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,188 Boards Guru
edited March 2023 in Health & Wellbeing
Things are rough at the moment. Today has been hard too as well as some hard things coming up. As some may know, I lost my stepmom last year to a car accident on the 28th of march and its been a very tough journey.

Today has honestly been awful as I've been dreading mothers day on Sunday and all I've been getting in school is "mothers day this" and "mothers day that" and it hurts.

The whole of my math class I sat there while my friend sat there and went on and on about mothers day and I just wanted to cry, I told her that I don't like talking about mothers day but she just carried on and said "at least your mum isn't in hospital for basically every one of your birthdays" and it hurt man.. I feel a bit invalidated ngl :(

Then I told one of my "friends" about it in the lesson after and she said "that sucks" and started talking about what she got her mum :/ Then Last lesson a boy behind me was making your mum jokes and my friend joined in.

It's painful. And it's hard to fight everyday.

Soon it'll be one year and I just can't believe it, it's gone so quickly in a bad way..

It's all just tough I guess
🦆💜🦆💜🦆

Comments

• Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,507 The Mix Elder
    It sounds like you have had a very tough and hard day today @Chloe234 . I also hear that you have been dealing with grief of losing a loved one especially as it has been a year since what happened, and that everyone has been talking about 'Mothers Day'. I can imagine how triggering and stressful that must have been to endure today. I also noticed that you mentioned about a friend who was talking about 'Mothers Day', and that you explained you didn't feel like talking about it. However, they continued to do so. I can imagine how insensitive they were especially as you asked them not to talk about it as it made you feel upset. I'm sorry to hear that you have been feeling quite rough lately. I'm always here if you want to talk or need someone <3

Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,188 Boards Guru
    Thankyou @Amy22
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,042 Wise Owl
    Hi @Chloe234 Just checking on how you are feeling this morning? I’m really sorry that yesterday was so hard for you and I am understanding how hard this weekend must be for you with regards to tomorrow being Mother’s Day and the anniversary coming up. Firstly just to say I am really proud of you for reaching out. It’s not easy dealing with grief and all the different feelings that come with it. Im
    also really proud of you for expressing how you are feeling to your friends and I’m sorry that they were so insensitive around the subject. Is there anyone else that you feel comfortable chatting to about how you have been feeling recently? I can understand this might be a bit much but theirs no pressure just to do whatever feels best for you and prioritise yourself and your feelings.

Mabye over the weekend try and distracte yourself from Mother’s Day by taking a break from social media as i can understand how peoples posts etc might make the situation worse. Most importantly prioritise yourself and allow yourself to feel the different emotions. Your feelings are 100 percent valid and just allowing yourself to have a good cry or vent may help even a little bit

We are all here for you and if you need any help or support over the weekend or just want to chat then you know where we are ❤️

Sending lots of love and hugs take the very best care
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.