Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

My flats done up

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
My flats all done up now, but I left tht 1 to b closer to family. The flat was sed to me 2016 Nd they finally got around. Tht made me more sad coz they treated it like a ratcage
Should I b sad tht they've done it up now I've left, I'm even more sad than I was wen I was living there.
Should I b sad now or should I b happy tht I'm out of a place I didn't like?
Yikes forever.
Give themselves a 🤬
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Hi @ellie2000

I'm hearing that your old flat has been done up, and you're are not sure how to feel about it. That sounds difficult. I'm sure it's frustrating to see then do up your flat after you've moved out. It sounds like you have a lot of different emotions about leaving your old flat and moving somewhere new. That's completely understandable. Are you liking your new place better than your old flat?
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    I got told tht social services not tht organised yet even though they had 8 months to sort it. Dw I've family to go to while I wait. Is there a alternative services to chivy the waiting time or would a mp make them correct everything so I don't have do b disappointed bc this social worker currently don't no s**t
    Crazy mad insane
  • support_squad23support_squad23 Posts: 113 The Mix Convert
    Hi @ellie2000

I imagine it feels really frustrating to not be supported by your current social worker, navigating this by yourself must be exhausting. I'm glad to hear that you're able to stay with family, this is a great helping hand during a tough time. Regarding your concerns, perhaps you could get into contact with Citizens Advice (https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/contact-us/contact-us/)

Here is another link which may be useful:
    https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/guides-to-support-and-services/housing/support-for-housing-problems/

Take care.