Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Stress and uneasyness

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
Why does it makes our bodies react, like backfiring (thts the polite way of putting it)
:)<3
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    edited October 2022
    Wen I feel like tht I don't wna do anything the next day. Anyone else feel like tht wen a stress episode comes, u cba the next day? How do ppl overcome it
    Crazy mad insane
  • genderless_fungigenderless_fungi Moderator Posts: 197 Trailblazer
    Hello @ellie2000 !

Stress and uneasiness can be very powerful feelings and they can definitely take a toll on one's mental and physical health. I'm sorry they're causing you to feel overwhelmed for a prolonged period of time, I was wondering if you could describe a bit more what that feels like for you and what kind of support you think you would need to cope with these negative feelings.

I can absolutely relate to what you're describing, whenever I feel particularly stressed I like to believe it's important to focus on self-care, so I try to take some time for myself and that usually helps me feel more centred and more in control of my own emotions. Here are some tips on how to, if not overcome, at least cope with stress in a healthy way: www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/stress-mental-health/coping-with-stress-5599.html.
    I hope you'll find this helpful!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    I just play games b4 my ghost leaves, then I go in full on panic. I don't currently have support coz I had everything in my area. Hopefully it will reset wen I move, isit like tht, tht services want u? They don't turn u away?
    Crazy mad insane
  • genderless_fungigenderless_fungi Moderator Posts: 197 Trailblazer
    Hello @ellie2000

I'm sorry you feel like you don't have any support at the moment, that must be very alienating. Did you recently move? If that's the case, I understand that might make you feel more disoriented when it comes to looking for support locally. At the mix we have a search option for support services that tackle numerous different issues, if you write down your postcode that might be a good place to start to search what help is available in your local area at the moment: https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/find-local-services.

Also, I want to reassure you that support services will not turn you away and that it's very brave of you to want to look for help. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of services are you looking for?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    I'm looking for social prescriber, obviously I can't say where I'm moving to, but a social perscriber found stuff I was interested in. N the means for stuff to happen. Like peer support , activities etc. Coz I didn't get out much in my last town
    Crazy mad insane