Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

*sigh*

Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,172 Boards Guru
im having such a bad night, i woke up at 2:30am and i just couldnt breathe. Everythings just awful at the moment. I hate showing weakness but im just so tired, all im told is "things will get better" but they wont. Ive been told it my whole life and its just gotten worse. Im fed up. Its now 5:16am and im just laying here. hopelessly burdening myself, blaming myself for my terrible life.
🦆💜🦆💜🦆

Comments

• MaisyMaisy Deactivated Posts: 701 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi @Chloe234

Sounds like you are going through a lot right now and it's really getting to you.

Feeling like things are awful or that you are struggling isn't a weakness. It can be difficult to admit to others that we are tired of the way things are (especially if we only get told that things will get better) but it also takes a lot of strength in opening up about what's bothering us too. And after all, we are all human, every single one of us will have struggled with something at some point in our lives (and more often than not, we compare what we go through and feel that others have it worse, but that's not necessarily true).

Life has it's ups and downs. And even though the downs may last for a long time (or even get worse) and it can be difficult to see that things can get better, it doesn't mean that things won't get better either.

Of course, feeling like things have been going wrong all your life and getting told that things will get better will make you feel fed up. Sometimes we might just want someone to understand that things are bad for us right now.

You may be being a bit harsh on yourself when you blame yourself for your life. I doubt that you are all to blame for the struggles that you are facing in life <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,172 Boards Guru
    thankyou @Maisy <3
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
  • fiona333fiona333 Posts: 172 Helping Hand
    Hey there @Chloe234

So sorry to hear what you are going through, but I’m so glad you reached it, and know you are not alone. I see that @Maisy has already given some great advice, which I can only re-emphasise.

Going through what, you are going through takes a lot of courage and strength. Take each moment as it comes. Life ebbs and flows, sometimes these last longer than we would like, but your time will come.

How are you feeling now? ❤️
    Thankyou @fiona333 im still pretty low tbh, struggling quite a bit
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,238 Part of The Furniture
    It sounds difficult that you are still pretty low and struggling @Chloe234. You have been really brave sharing this with us though.

Do you want to share more with us about how you are feeling at the moment? We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    edited October 2022
    thankyou @Laura_tigger82 i think ill be ok, its just grief is bad at the moment as my stepmums birthday wouldve been on the 27th, Halloween was also my stepmums fav time of year and also the inquest for the accident that took her life is on monday 24th
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @Chloe234

I'm hearing how those dates are feeling difficult for you at the minute which is understandable.

When certain dates that hold memories come up it can be tough to go through.

Have you found anything that helps you when those dates come around?

You are doing really well sharing these things with us and we are all here for you :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"