Home General Chat Polls of the Week
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Are there more eyes or legs in the world?

Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
Think people, animals... chair legs, doll houses... the sea

Are there more eyes or legs in the world? 22 votes

More Eyes
22% 5 votes
More Legs
77% 17 votes

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,995 Community Veteran
    I feel like there are more legs because, a lot of things have legs like humans, animals and furniture.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    OwlOwl Posts: 109 The Mix Convert
    i think eyes because there's 1.4 BILLION insects for every person on Earth, and every insect has 6 legs BUT insects have compound eyes which means their eyes are made of thousands of smaller eyes
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,795 Master Poster
    This is exactly like the wheels and door debate haha but I think it is more legs
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,995 Community Veteran
    edited August 2022
    I like they could be more legs as like objects, animals and even us have legs so maybe more legs. This is such an interesting thread :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,045 Wise Owl
    The more I think about this, the more I can find more arguments for either side so I don't have a clue anymore but I think I'm leaning more towards legs (I can't remember what I originally voted for) :3
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    I think for eyes the main points are as Owl pointed out if we consider compound eyes to be one eye or thousands, and also needles. Think of how many needles there are in the world all with at least one eye. Even so I think I have to give it to legs because of how many insects have so many legs and also outside of biology leg is a much more robust term that applies to more things than eye
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    That's a good point @Apollo I hadn't thought about needles!

I guess unless we count, we'll never know :D
  • Options
    HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
    Hmmn interesting...

Spiders have eight eyes and eight legs, so we can count any and all spiders in the world out of our calculations because their amount of legs and eyes cancel each other out!
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
  • Options
    TitchTitch Posts: 20 Boards Initiate
    Legs because so many things other than living things have legs, i.e tables, chairs, rests/stands, furniture, etc. And like someone else said, lots of insects have many legs!
  • Options
    JimetteJimette Posts: 85 Budding Regular
    There's no point denying it: legs are so common that if you have a phobia of legs, good luck to you :lol:
    Wild Hearts Never Die~ >:3