Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

the Fortunately, Unfortunately game

NeonBlueThunder1NeonBlueThunder1 Posts: 245 Trailblazer
edited August 2022 in General Chat
Thought of a game that might be fun to play on here, its called fortunately, unfortunately.

What happens is that people take it in turns to tell a story, but you have to counter-act the other line above you, so for example: "Fortunately, I made it to the exam on time. Unfortunately, I studied for the wrong exam" =)

This can get rather silly and non-sensical, so pre-warning, not everything might be logical. :lol:

I'll get this game started:

Fortunately I woke up at the right time and didn't oversleep...

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,022 Community Veteran
    @NeonBlueThunder1 Wow this is such a cool thread. This could be really fun to play.

Unfortunately, I was late for my job interview
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Thanks, hopefully it will be. :)

Fortunately, I rang the job interviewer, and they gave me an additional half hour to get there...
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,175 Boards Champion
    Unfortunately i saw a Mc Donalds on the way there and got a bit sidetracked so still did not make it to the job interview in the additional half hour i was given
  • Options
    Lol, McDonalds breakfast is yum, so could I understand that :joy::joy:

Fortunately, the boss was pleased that I had the most important meal of the day and I started on a good note with my interview
  • Options
    Unfortunately the boss decided i was not fit for the job and that i needed to find elsewhere to work
  • Options
    Fortunately, the boss explained that they were retiring soon and they needed someone to take over their job.
  • Options
    Unfortunately i had already applied to another job in mc donalds and i had to decline
  • Options
    Fortunately, I got the job in mcdonalds and I got promoted to manager.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Unfortunately, I had to deal with an angry mum on my first shift, because there was no more McFlurries available for her kids. :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,804 Master Poster
    Fortunately the kids were polite and asked for something else instead
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Unfortunately as I was about to make their order I noticed that the ice cream machine was broken and when i turned back to explain we were out of ice cream, an alien space invasion was taking place outside of the Mcdonalds.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Fortunately i survived and the alien invasion went away
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
    edited August 2022
    Unfortunately, I’ve been injected with a substance that makes me lay an alien egg twice a week
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • Options
    Fortunately, I had a cute alien baby that I have raised
  • Options
    Unfortunately the alien pooped all over the dog
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Fortunately I was able to clean the poop off my dog but my dog gained the ability to fly.
  • Options
    Unfortunately the alien egg pooping piwers wore off and my alien died, my dog lost its ability to fly too so everything was back to plain old normal
  • Options
    Fortunately, I won the lottery one day and had enough to go to space
  • Options
    unfortunately my rocket fell mid air and exploded with all the money
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Fortunately, I manged to have a parachute on my rocket and landed on the moon safely.
  • Options
    unfortunately the oxygen tanks had run out so i had to find a way to earth asap
  • Options
    OwlOwl Posts: 109 The Mix Convert
    fortunately i brought my houseplant (#selfcare) and it made enough oxygen for me
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    unfortunately, my tap was broken so I couldn't water the plant
  • Options
    Fortunately a rocket came and rescued me
  • Options
    Unfortunately the rocket was from a different planet and not Earth. I had been kidnapped by some aliens who were now taking them to their leader on their home planet
  • Options
    fortunately they are much more intelligent than me and are keeping me as a pet and giving me lots of treats and saying im the goodest boy/girl/non-binary pet
  • Options
    btw i love this thread, if a tv producer is reading this please can we get a series of this? xoxo
  • Options
    @Owl Omg me too! This would make a brilliant tv series. Its actually a coincidence as I am learning how to be a tv/film director so I make this happen :)

Unfortunately, little did I know that they were training me to enter an alien gladiator competition and I would be up against a well known alien gladiator.
  • Options
    Amy22 wrote: »
    @Owl Omg me too! This would make a brilliant tv series. Its actually a coincidence as I am learning how to be a tv/film director so I make this happen :)

Wow that's awesome Amy. :+1: It's definitely worth a thought, as it could probably make a great comedy series. =) Pleased that so many people are enjoying the thread.

Fortunately, the well known alien gladiator was battling a cold, so was easy to defeat, and I won the competition with what translated into 800,000 in prize money. :)
  • Options
    I just had a brilliant idea for the name of the tv series if it were to happen, 'The Very Unfortunate Day' lol =)

Unfortunately, when I was going back home to my alien owners, a spaceship appeared in front of me and abducted me. When I was in the spaceship, I met the owner of the ship who said that they were a space pirate and they needed some help with finding someone who stole all of their treasure.