Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

trauma effects

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,000 Community Veteran
does it make u forget wat u knew b4?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Hey @ellie2000 - trauma can certainly impact people's memories and it is possible that people forget things as a result. I'm by no means an expert on this, however my understanding is that these impacts can vary from person to person, but that it can be a part of the body/brain's defence mechanism to stop memories that may be very distressing. Is this something that you think you may be experiencing?
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    a therapist i had continued, she brought up everything. i had 1 therapist who was very gd, she waved everything away but is it possible tht if ppl put u down u cant get up level again?, how do u block out toxic ppl who u see regularly? ppl think everythings hunky dory
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    tht toxic person makes me want self harm, he's supposed to be professional, i had a go at him on fb puting suggestion wat he could say. is tht wrong to be assertive?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,132 Part of The Furniture
    It sounds really positive that you had a therapist who was very good @ellie2000.

Would you like to tell us more about what you mean by if people put you down you can't get up level again?

I can hear that people putting you down would be difficult. No one has the right to do anything that you don't feel comfortable with.

Have you been able to talk to anyone else about the toxic people you see regularly? We hear you that not everything is hunky dory.

If you feel like self-harming, please remember the following supports are available for you:
    • You can go to your nearest a & e or call 999 if you feel unsafe or have any concerns about your health and safety.
    • The Mix's Crisis Messenger (24/7) - Text 'THEMIX' to 85258 if you are feeling in crisis.
    • Samaritans (24/7) - Call 116 123 or email jo@samaritans.org
    • Papyrus (2pm - midnight) - Call 0800 068 41 41 or email pat@papyrus-uk.org

Please keep us up to date with how you are feeling, we are all here for you :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.