Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Morning everyone!

enorth1enorth1 Posts: 68 Boards Initiate
Hi guys, its Emily here :)

I'm a new member of the relationship squad, and I'm really looking forward to becoming part of The Mix family. I've been having a nosy on some of the threads already, and you all seem like such a welcoming, lovely bunch of people. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and I will try and support you with your sex and relationships queries the best I can!

Some of my hobbies include: crochet, reading, and I love watching stand up comedy. Do any of you have a favourite comedian?

Have a wonderful day <3

Comments

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Hey @enorth1 its nice to meet you. I love crochet and reading too, what sort of books do you like?
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,035 Boards Guru
    Welcome Emily, it's great to have you here!

I don't really have a favourite comedian, but I do like films with Rebel Wilson in. She's great!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    JADE92JADE92 Posts: 30 Boards Initiate
    Hi Emily!! Nice to meet you :)
    I'm sure you will be able to support many people here within the community!
    I also love reading (particularly history or psychological books) and my favourite comedians are probably Lee Mack or David Mitchell, who are your favourites?

Sending best wishes to you! <3
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,802 Master Poster
    Aife wrote: »
    Welcome Emily, it's great to have you here!

I don't really have a favourite comedian, but I do like films with Rebel Wilson in. She's great!

Is she the one who calls herself Fat Amy in Pitch Perfect?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Hi @Dandelion ah, sounds like we have loads in common! I'm super varied in my book choices, sometimes I look boosting my knowledge with a non-fiction, or I love getting lost in a good thriller. What about you? :)
  • Options
    Thanks @Aife! Its lovely feeling so welcomed. Rebel Wilson is a great choice, she's brilliant in pitch perfect!
  • Options
    Hi @JADE92 what great choices of books and comedians! Have you watched the show 'would I lie to you?'? That's such a good watch with both David and Lee in it. I enjoy watching James Acaster or Greg Davies, both of those I think have appeared on the show too. Have a great day :)
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    enorth1 wrote: »
    Hi @Dandelion ah, sounds like we have loads in common! I'm super varied in my book choices, sometimes I look boosting my knowledge with a non-fiction, or I love getting lost in a good thriller. What about you? :)

I love a good thriller
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    JADE92JADE92 Posts: 30 Boards Initiate
    Hey! @enorth1 <3
    Yes I have seen would i lie to you, It's actually one my favourite shows haha! James Acaster is so brilliant and I would love to see one of his live shows some day. :)