Home COVID-19
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Anyone is welcome to join. Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Concern over LFTs and PCRs

Comments

• Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Posts: 2,225 Boards Champion
    Hi @lovemimoon

Thanks for sharing these articles with us.

I have certainly heard similar stories!

What do you think? :3
  • AislingDMAislingDM Posts: 610 Moderator
    It's certainly quite worrying how much conflicting information we all seem to be getting, and I know this pandemic has been beyond stressful for everyone, including all the scientists involved with LFTs and PCRs, but articles like this can make us quite panicked about how to proceed with different test results. I'd always say staying home is the safest option to protect others, no matter what <3
    Laura_tigger82
    Oh indeed @AislingDM! And following up LFT's with PCR'S :3
  • gia9720gia9720 United KingdomPosts: 106 The Mix Convert
    Ive worked in covid vaccination centre doing LFTs with patients and they really aren't a reliable tool to use PCR are much more reliable in my experience.

Thank you @lovemimoon for sharing the articles its great to see the figures and stats behind the accuracy...

Some improvements will be coming in 2022 no doubt (fingers crossed)
    Laura_tigger82AislingDM
    Thank you for doing such a vital job during such a horrendous time @gia9720 <3 You're so right, honestly, maybe we've just got to try to think as positively as possible and of course being covid-safe even if the government is not mandating too much, we can always choose to do different things like use hand sanitiser and stuff !!!! xx
    gia9720
  • gia9720gia9720 United KingdomPosts: 106 The Mix Convert
    @AislingDM yeah I agree with you.

In light of recent news, I am embarrassed and disappointed that when we were limited to go outdoors once per day and told not to leave the house the PM and his co-workers we’re chilling in a garden.

The guidance and science is constantly changing with covid but with poor role models and untrustworthy individuals in positions of power doesn’t give the British public the best confidence in the government.

Personally I hope to see a resignation and heartfelt apology because who is really going to respect and follow guidance from someone who does not follow it themselves - it’s foolery.
    Laura_tigger82AislingDM
    Hi @gia9720

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. I think most of us can relate to thinking very similarly about the recent news. Not least those of us who have been following all of the rules and those who have been going out of their way to help protect others. At least you can see who has done the right thing and who has not done the right thing! <3
    Such a true point @gia9720 ! It feels simply draining at this point right? and I can't even imagine how deeply disappointing it is for someone like you who has been doing such vital work to see some gov officials doing the worst things possible in a pandemic. It can honestly cause such a hopeless feeling and that's why I am so glad that you are here continuing on to help encourage others to think of the impact of their actions, it really is very cool of you <3
    Laura_tigger82
    Thanks for your response @AislingDM. I also think @gia9720 is doing a wonderful job. @gia9720 how are things currently for you? I hope things are well! :)