Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bad habits to break for next year

awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
Hi guys it's been a long time I've just had school and a lot of things have been on my mind but I'm back

So this year has probably been the hardest year I've had here on this planet probably but I wanna get rid of some bad habits that I've been dealing with this year and you can join in too!

So my first bad habit is that I don't get out a lot unless it's something I want to do, I get forced or convinced to or its for an appointment or school school I can probably do without is what I think in my head but it is what is so I'm hoping to break out of my comfort zone and get out and have a social life because mine is broken due to the fact that Im an introvert and find it hard to open up to people and I think it annoys people and the thing that happened in April partway through the year is probs the reason I need to improve definitely

My second bad habit is that I have friends and all that, family, but I keep thinking it's all temporary like I think I screw one thing up or forget to do something and it ultimately leads to consequences one way or the other as I learned the hard way so I'm convinced that because I am who I am everyone of my friends will ditch me because I'm probably not the best friend since I'm not talkative and prefer to be by myself and everything that's happened this year from a break up to certain things from last year that partially caused the break up I am of course refering to my ex that I broke up with because beforehand I was with the girl who dumped me and made my mental health go to shit and after we broke up I went with that other girl still in school but she was a past flame but a few days later me and her just didn't feel right considering I was still upset about the other break up so I dumped her we didn't talk for a while probably not until like, October of 2020? and that is when the problem started because I was just trying to enjoy my current relationship she started being sarcastic like oh you're not talking to me what a shame and she kept talking like that and then somehow she found out about me and the one I was dating at that time well she didn't know who she just knew I was with someone and still used that sarcastic tone like oh enjoy your relationship and after a while I generally snapped and we got told off probably my fault but I'm not letting anyone treat me like that I've had it happen way too much in my life

The third thing I want to get rid of Is the fact that I have a different set of thoughts for everyone I know some good some bad but I won't go into detail on that one

The 4th thing I'd get rid of is since that break up in April I've tried so hard not to cry not because I think I'm weak if I cry no of course not but I just don't want all the pain and all the hurt I'm trying to keep inside come out it's so hard thanks to one of my tas a few weeks ago I actually finally let it all out and it felt good Tbh Im still very much hurting and In pain but what helps me get by is when I just feel nothing at all cause I have these moments where I just feel nothing as in my emotions go cold and still and dead and I just feel nothing I think I just need a massive hug Tbh maybe that will make me feel better? Idk and despite what that break up did to me I still wanna get back with that ex it's stupid I know it doesn't feel right to me either it feels stupid but I still have those feelings

The last thing I'd get rid of is when my emotions go still and dead because it's happening way too often and it also makes me zone out so imagine I was talking to one of you guys irl and you'd be saying something after about I'd say a minute I zone out and it doesn't really do me any good especially if I do it in front of a teacher but hey I'm still standing struggling but standing and fighting for friends and family it gets hard but I'm gonna do whatever it takes to make sure i get better for everyone even if it kills me I care about them too much

Do you guys have any bad habits you would like to get rid of next year?

Also If I don't post again for a while I should be back for a while now but just in case merry Christmas and a happy new year let's hope next year is better for us!

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @awesomeminecraft6789

What a great thread. Thanks for initiating this thread <3

I am really sorry to hear you have had a tough year.

It sounds like you have identified what made it tough though and want to change these things :3

Do you know what may help you to break these bad habits in the new year?

Be kind to yourself when working towards your goals <3

All these goals take time to achieve but the fact you have identified them as goals you want to work towards is amazing.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too.

We are sending you big hugs <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hi. @Laura_tigger82

Thank you for liking the thread! And honestly I'm not sure what to do about it to be fair I think I'll just try to have a more positive outlook and try not to think about the past it's hard since I keep remembering everything that happened but I will try my hardest!
  • Options
    You are more than welcome @awesomeminecraft6789 :)

Can we do anything to support you with achieving your goals? <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Not really I appreciate the offer tho! I'm. Kind of achieving one of them already cause next week hopefully I'm going to an arcade with my cousin but I'll update you if I do need any support!
  • Options
    That sounds like great fun and progress towards your goals! I hope you enjoy it @awesomeminecraft6789 :)
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @awesomeminecraft6789

Thank you for sharing with us, and being so open. I think it's great that you want to do certain things to enrich your life. However, I do want to say that it's totally okay if you struggle with this during the year, these are big things, and even just thinking about breaking these habits is a massive achievement, anything you do towards these should be celebrated. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself during this time. You're doing incredible. It can be difficult to even figure out what our bad habits are, so the fact you've found things you want to change is really great!

I know you've said that you have different thoughts and thought patterns to people around you, I wonder if you've spoken to your GP about this? They may be able to refer you to someone who can help you with this. However, I also want to say that this isn't necessarily a bad thing, your thoughts make you unique and nobody will have the exact same thoughts or thought patterns as each other. I know when struggling, we can see the differences really obviously, if these thoughts are very troubling for you or upsetting, I would suggest to see your GP as they may be able to help you in some way <3

It's not stupid at all to want to be with your ex, breakups can be so difficult. I know it's not completely helpful but time really is a healer, and letting yourself feel these emotions may be really beneficial, whether that's through crying, writing them down etc. I know numbing emotions can feel really great when you're going through emotional pain, but it can also cause more pain when these emotions finally spill out. Your feelings are and always will be more than valid, and you're entitled to feel however you feel, and nobody can tell you any different.

Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can and that's all we can ask for, sending you love and strength, and thank you again for sharing this with us! <3