Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

carehomes

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,985 Community Veteran
i saw the 1 i was at advertising for new staff, n i went for blown balistic missile. saying on their comment section what i was unhappy with, and wat they did to me:
shout competitions
voy--ism
keeping me up all night
introducing me to thier 'friends'
high dose sleeping pills once a week
with this they only got a telling off and a sacking wen i left the phone off the hook, should it b more
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,985 Community Veteran
    i was gonna send this to the person i tlk to everyweek, but i dnt wanna to put stuff on their shoulders
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @ellie2000 I'm really sorry to hear about your experiences with this care home! This is really unacceptable. I just wanted to express how grateful I am that you shared this with us! I think if this is something that is really distressing to you and upsetting, I would try and discuss this with a professional, particularly if they can do something to help you during this time. Do you currently have a therapist that can help you deal with these emotions brought up by this particular place? I understand you've been through quite a lot recently with unacceptable and abusive therapists, so I just wanted to check in and make sure you're doing okay?
  • Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Hey @ellie2000 - this sounds like a really tricky experience to be re-living, hope you are doing okay :3 have you considered reaching out to the Care Quality Commission? They are responsible for inspecting that care homes are meeting required standards and that the quality of their care is up to scratch. You could read more about them here: https://www.cqc.org.uk/

As @Brookee said, you definitely deserve a space to talk through what is going on for you, and so finding someone you trust to share this with is a good thing. Perhaps if you are not sure if the person you are thinking of talking to would be able to carry this, you could speak to them about that first to get their thoughts on whether it is too much for them. That way, you are not having to second guess this, and let them make that choice for themselves.
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.