Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

hydrocondriacs

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,990 Community Veteran
how u think everything is happy, wen u trying to reassure
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    It's extremely tough to constantly think happy thoughts, especially during times of distress when you need reassurance. Can I ask, are you trying to reassure yourself or others @ellie2000 ? x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,990 Community Veteran
    Others, how?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    It's really wonderful that you want to support the people in your life, Ellie <3 I know that one key aspect of reassurance is providing regular messages of affirmation to the person. This can look a lot of different ways depending upon what the person needs, from reminding people that you love them, to pointing out specific things about them that you love/derive happiness from (e.g., 'I love how excited you get when we watch romcoms, I can tell they make you really happy and I think that's so wonderful because you really deserve that'). It's also important to have open and honest conversations about why the person needs reassurance. We all need some reminders of love, but sometimes this can spill over into overreliance upon others for self-validation/happiness. Does this advice make sense for your situation? xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.