Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Self help that always works for me

emilia_eemilia_e Posts: 16 Settling in
Somedays I don't want to get out of bed..and you know what..thats ok! I know for a fact I would feel worse if I forced myself to get up and sulk around for the day. SO instead I lie in bed for however long it takes until I want to get up again..and when I do.. this is what I do to feel better (silly little things that make a big difference).

1. Run a bubble bath or have a hot shower (feeling CLEAN is an instant mood booster)
2. Play my favourite playlist whilst tidying up the inevitably messy bedroom (Tidy space tidy mind)
3. Go for a walk (fresh air does a world of good)
4. My personal mood booster is buying myself some flowers, if you can't buy some..draw some..or spray a flowery perfume, basically anything to please the senses.
5. BAKE! bake cookies, bake a box mix, chuck a mug cake in the microwave haha create something for yourself for you to enjoy!
6. Reach out to someone, I love to call my niece and listen to her rant about anything or everything. It is so easy to isolate and forget how much a positive person in your life can improve your mood. if you don't have such a person then reach out to a helpline just for a chat.
7. Read a book, Watch your favourite film or Listen to a podcast, there's nothing wrong with a positive distraction to occupy your mind.
8. Remember it is ok to feel this way!

I hope these little tips help someone feel better on a down day, they always help me :)<3

Comments

• Options
    hickers0802hickers0802 Posts: 2 Newbie
    I really love this @emilia_e <3 I think the real important thing that helps me whenever im feeling down is to just remember that IT IS OKAY TO FEEL THIS WAY!! Sometimes by focusing on feeling bad that you feel bad doesn't help, and it's really difficult to get out of that mindset but trust me, by just remembering that what you're feeling is okay really helps to lift the spirits slightly!

I also suggest cooking some yummy food you enjoy, and watching your fave movie or tv show!

Im excited to see everyones suggestions and putting them into practise :)
  • Options
    emilia_eemilia_e Posts: 16 Settling in
    Exactly! as long as you remember it is OK to be sad, it is ok to have a day in bed and to not beat yourself up over this! it is all OK, and when you decide to get up and get dressed that's when your mindset needs to shift to more positive activities!

So good to hear similar things I've suggested work for you too! <3
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @emilia_e

Thank you for sharing the self-care that helps you, I'm sure it will also help others so thank you for sharing them :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.