Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

b4 i go home

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,969 Community Veteran
b4 i go home i think bad stuff and get stressy why?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    AbbyOwlAbbyOwl Posts: 125 The Mix Convert
    Hey @ellie2000

Firstly, know that there's nothing wrong with you for thinking/feeling this way <3 It can be stressful and anxious moving between places - even just going on holiday and coming back after having a good time might make people anxious about returning to 'normal'

Are you comfortable expanding on the 'bad stuff'? Is there anything in particular that you think might happen when you go home?
  • Options
    name calling and waking up expecting banging on the door, or threatening msgs, do u think a move is a gd thing to do, will i feel positive, i dont live in the moment, tips 4 living a happy life?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    i wish there were 'joy' machines
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    AbbyOwlAbbyOwl Posts: 125 The Mix Convert
    Sorry to hear that you have a lot going on at home <3 The most important thing is your safety - if you do not feel safe at home then it would be a good idea to talk to someone about this. Do you have a support worker, counsellor, someone at school/college who you could share this with? There might be some extra support they can provide you with or information/resources

Moving out is a big thing, and I'd recommend to anyone thinking about all the practical side of things (money, food, gas/electric etc) so you're more prepared for whenever you do decide you're ready. It can be difficult in the first few days to get use to it, and people do struggle in the beginning, but it can be a positive experience and make you feel more independent. However, it is a big move and is a very personal thing, so do not rush into anything without really thinking it through <3

Living in the moment is hard, and not all of us manage it, but that isn't a bad thing. Maybe make a scrapbook or playlist to remind you of your 'happy' times that you can look at/listen to whenever you're feeling low. Another strategy I've heard of if is to write down your negative thoughts/feelings, then scrunch up the paper and throw it - like you're throwing away the bad feelings

My number one tip for everyone is to keep talking to people - either on here or in 'real-life'. I know how hard things can get when you keep everything inside of your head, and please know that there are people who genuinely care about you and what to listen /support you <3