Home Travel and Free Time
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Who goes out and about often with friends or family

_Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 996 Part of The Mix Family
Hey I just wanted to know who goes out and about often I am 17 and I want to fit in with who goes out often because my mom don’t drop me places I’m stuck in the house😩

Who goes out and about often with friends or family 6 votes

Yes
33%
Skivenaomi 2 votes
No
66%
independent__Tech_Addict_GirlLorryTruckzaynab_5 4 votes

Comments

• zaynab_5zaynab_5 LondonPosts: 457 Listening Ear
    No
    It's so annoying how I'm not allowed to go out often anymore because of "safety reasons". I'm 17 too and it is so difficult not going out more than you should especially when you're turning into an adult.
    lovemimoon
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 996 Part of The Mix Family
    No
    @zaynab_5 I’m not allowed to go out because my mom can’t be bothered also I have a wheelchair but I don’t think that stops me from going out with my friends she just don’t like me to go out and have fun with my friends 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
  • zaynab_5zaynab_5 LondonPosts: 457 Listening Ear
    No
    @zaynab_5 I’m not allowed to go out because my mom can’t be bothered also I have a wheelchair but I don’t think that stops me from going out with my friends she just don’t like me to go out and have fun with my friends 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

I'm sorry that this is happening to you. Try convince your mum about how much of a good influence your friends are in your life and how important they are. Persuade her that you need your friends sometimes to hang out with. Explain how much you enjoy being with your friends. Think about why you like being with your friends, then share this reason with your mum. Whatever your reason, your mum might be more willing to let you spend time together if she understands why you want to hang out with your friends. Tell your mum about the positive impact of your friendship. Explain to her all the good ways you’ve changed your life due to your friendships, or the ways your friendships has made you better. Tell your mum that hanging out with your friend relieves stress and makes you feel as though you belong.
    If any of these don't work, maybe tell your friends to come over instead.
    _Tech_Addict_Girlnaomi
    No
    @zaynab_5 that is a good idea I’ll try that❤️
    Thankyou :)
    zaynab_5
    No
    @zaynab_5 oh and the bit where you said tell your friends to come over instead my mom don’t let my friends come over
  • independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 6,358 Master Poster
    No
    I’m 18, so just a bit older than you, I don’t go out much, I spend a lot of time in the house. I sometimes go out with my sister or my parents but other than that I don’t have many friends who I can go out with.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    _Tech_Addict_Girl
  • LorryTruckLorryTruck Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 1,075 Wise Owl
    No
    I don't really like going out tbh. It's very stressful and I don't enjoy it.
    Monsters don't sleep under your bed
    They scream inside your head 
    _Tech_Addict_Girl