Home Fix The Mix
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Age limit

Sholay09Sholay09 NoobBirmingham, EnglandPosts: 106 The Mix Convert
The upper age limit which is 25 years old for the mix online community group I think needs to be removed because I do not like the upper age limits for things like that because I think there is no need for it really.

Comments

• ShaunieShaunie 🌸 Posts: 12,563 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    They don’t have the funding for all ages. Plus it’s nicer to speak to people of your own age and more focus on things that younger people face

They allow a few years older but not much older. I don’t think they would be changing that.
    There is lots of other places of support for those ages above 25
    lovemimoonSholay09Azziman
  • independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 6,358 Master Poster
    I agree that it’s a funding issue mostly. But also as Shaunie said it’s nice to have a space with people you can relate to. And there are spaces which are only for adults above a certain age too, because older adults sometimes feel they can’t relate to younger people in the same way (plus it keeps those young people safer). There are also spaces which are for anyone of any age so you won’t be left without support once you’re 26 :)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    lovemimoonSholay09Dancer
  • DancerDancer Bog Off Justine! Posts: 5,525 Part of The Furniture
    There are some parts of The Mix that are only funded for under 25's such as webchat counselling, telephone counselling and Support Circle but I understand that it can be annoying being turned away from support due to your age. As @independent_ and @Shaunie both said, there is also support available for over 25's so you aren't stranded when leaving The Mix. You are allowed to stay for a while after turning 25 which is something that some members do but there are some restrictions such as you won't be able to send private messages after a certain age for safeguarding reasons. Many people who do stay past 25 just stay to chat with other users and help support them rather than to get support.
    I'm a fruit loop. 🍊➰

There's a part of me I can't get back.  A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same.
  • Sholay09Sholay09 Noob Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 106 The Mix Convert
    Thank you everyone for your good replies to my post this week.
  • MikeMike 🖥️🎧 LandaanPosts: 3,460 Community Manager
    Just chipping in here to say the replies to this have been totally right @Sholay09. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Want to join the community champions? Drop @TheMix a message!