Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Need friends

WookieBoy39WookieBoy39 Posts: 92 Budding Regular
I’m so lonely it’s unreal I wish I had friends that didn’t leave after one conversation

Depression is so high

Comments

• lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Hey buddy! <3

Making friends can be difficult, especially if you're looking for a long-term relationship.
    Tbh, it won't be easy; there'll be hits and misses. It's easy getting that spark with people but maintaining that spark is a different ball game.

Have you spoken to your friends about this?
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Agree with what @lovemimoon said. It can be difficult to make friends.

I think what's helped me make friends is to join different clubs that you're interested in - at school, college or uni or even in your community. Often friends will be best if you have shared interests and meet regularly and then take it from there!
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Adding to what @Anch0r33 said, depending on the community you live in, you can also check out any local events they're hosting. See if (depending on your age) if there are any youth activities.

I would also recommend online communities! They can be a hassle but plenty of people will share common interests!
  • natdsnatds Posts: 12 Settling in
    Hey! I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling down.

I agree with the previous responses and I'll just add that sometimes social media can be a great place to make friends! I myself have made friends on groups that were made on twitter, as we all shared similar interests (for example, liking the same band and making a fan account etc). Obviously, be careful on social media and never reveal your personal information but it might be a great start to trying to get chatting to people!
  • sharellepatelsharellepatel Posts: 39 Boards Initiate
    Hey @WookieBoy39
    I'm sorry that you are feeling so low and lonely at the moment - the covid circumstances definitely are not helping! Have you spoken to any friends or family about how you are feeling?

Adding on to @natds comment, I think it is true that social media is a good place to create friends if you target the kind of people you would like to hang out with. I can give you an example of one of my friend's siblings who created an instagram account based around organising wardrobes. It was made to be a business account but she has formed so many connections and friendships through people thriving off what she posts, as well as gaining encouragement about a passion that she is sharing with everyone!

Maybe this could be a starting point for sharing a passion and letting nature take its course to gravitate the right people towards you!

Sending hugs 🤗
    Sending Hugs and a Helping Hand x