Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

waking up

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,230 Community Veteran
how do u wake up not feeling 'urgh, not again'
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,874 Legendary Poster
    Hey Ellie, I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling like that. What makes you feel like that when you wake up, are you finding you’re dreading the days for a specific reason or are you just generally feeling really low?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    Hi @ellie2000

It sounds as though you're feeling low, is that right? I'm so sorry to hear it. It can be incredibly difficult to feel optimistic or even just 'okay' about the day to come under the current circumstances, even more so if you're already struggling with your mental health.

Do you want to talk more about what specifically is making you feel this way? We're all here to support you, Ellie <3 
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,230 Community Veteran
    i havent selfharmed since october last yr, i stay in the house now, i havent yet :) . how long can the body stand the cold, vry vry sad, even b4 lockdown i been feeling abit oo-er. i don't hav the tools to b bouncy and content, wat do i need?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey Ellie just wanted to say well done for staying self harm clean for so long that’s amazing we’re all incredibly proud of you. I don’t have any answers but keep reaching out and talking to us we’ll always be here for you. You never have to go through anything alone I’m always happy to listen if you ever need anything. We all believe in you big hugs  <3
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    edited January 2021
    i havent selfharmed since october last yr

That's wonderful news @ellie2000! You should be really proud of yourself for this. 

It sounds like you've been feeling this way for a while, even before lockdown. What coping techniques have helped when you've felt like this before? Are there any you could adapt or still do, during lockdown?

I totally hear you that it's hard to be upbeat or even content right now, and you absolutely don't have to be super positive given the current circumstances. Simply getting to a place where you feel 'okay' getting up everyday, without that sense of dread, is a big step by itself. We're here to listen and help you get through this. 
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,230 Community Veteran
    getting up without dread? living with ptsd, i dread everyday. its like i step outside myself before i can do coping techniques, getting up is a big step, sometimes i don't want to, the world is and was a scary place, i do music but i seem apathetic.

tips?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey Ellie it’s good that you have some coping strategies. I’m sorry I don’t really have any tips these things can take time but keep reaching out and talking to people with time things will get better. The world is a scary place but there are also some wonderful people out there and if you ever need anything we’re always here for you  <3
    Its ok if getting out of bed is difficult, sometimes all we can do is just wake up and that’s ok. We’re all proud of how far you’ve come, sorry I can’t say anything better or more helpful and sorry if I sounded patronising. I don’t have any advice but I just wanted to say we’re here we’re listening and We all care about you, you don’t have to go through anything alone. here if you ever need anything  <3
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,673 Skive's The Limit

ellie2000 said:
    how do u wake up not feeling 'urgh, not again'
    I wish I knew that!

ellie2000 said:
    i havent selfharmed since october last yr, 

this if great well done. And if you have self harmed since posting this. It’s okay <3 you’re doing your best

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley