Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How depression affects our daily lives

awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
Hey guys I'm proper shy so I don't really talk on here but if you ever wanna drop me a message you can I'm always ready to listen

What is depression? Depression is when we feel a certain way that it affects our daily lives and sometimes ends up with consequences but as I sit here thinking about what's been going on in my life I think, what am I doing why am I feeling this way if I've got everything I could have wished for? Well let me begin

This whole year I've been happy sad and depressed and it gets to the point where I question my self worth and If I even deserve what I've got but if theres one thing 2020 has taught me it's to keep strong no matter however you feel I think we can all agree that this year's been hard for all of us deaths, COVID-19 but we've all come together one thing I think we all take for granted is family but this year we've spent so much time indoors that us kids have gotten to know our families more then our friends or girlfriends or boyfriends  if it's a long distance relationship this time with our family is so important cause one day they could all be gone like that and you'd wake up thinking man I should have spent more time with my family. 

So my advice to those going through what I'm going through is remember no matter how much you say people don't love you your not worth it and all that you are your worth it to me and so many others honestly and if you don't think it's true remember I love you and your worth it to me.

As I've learned from past and current relationships always tell them how you feel and they may be able to help they may not but that doesn't mean they won't try the person I'm with at the moment wether it lasts or not she's been there for me since we got together despite the fact she deserves better and Ik she does as I learned from one of her most recent posts on  here I think I'm too scared to to try and help because I've never been in a situation like she seems to be in at the minute but I'll still try I want her to know that and I know you guys don't know us personally but I'm too scared that I'm not good enough idk wether or not she thinks that or not but that's how I personally feel. 

I'll try and post more wholesome things on here to help people going through what I'm going through because I mean come on its almost 2021 and we should end the year on a high note rather than a sour note I'm always here if anyone needs to talk and be sure to comment on discussion it always makes my day to see all of your nice  comments it's really turned my frown upside down so I thank you all 💯❤😊

Comments

• Options
    SciFi_456SciFi_456 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Hi there @awesomeminecraft6789

This post is really honest and inspiring so I'd like to thank you and applaud you for writing something that can relate to millions of people who are depressed or anxious. 

This year has been very challenging to everyone and has damaged this country in so many ways that it's going to be a long time before we get back to normal however by all of us working together we can make it possible. 

There's going to be more people than ever now who have depression and other mental illnesses so your post, like others' posts, will really help others to realise that they are not alone, just like we aren't and a little message from me: I feel like I can relate to your message so I would like to thank you 🎉.

If you ever want to talk more about it, PM me.

Stay strong 💪🏻

-Liam 
  • Options
    SciFi_456 said:
    Hi there @awesomeminecraft6789

This post is really honest and inspiring so I'd like to thank you and applaud you for writing something that can relate to millions of people who are depressed or anxious. 

This year has been very challenging to everyone and has damaged this country in so many ways that it's going to be a long time before we get back to normal however by all of us working together we can make it possible. 

There's going to be more people than ever now who have depression and other mental illnesses so your post, like others' posts, will really help others to realise that they are not alone, just like we aren't and a little message from me: I feel like I can relate to your message so I would like to thank you 🎉.

If you ever want to talk more about it, PM me.

Stay strong 💪🏻

-Liam 
    Hi Liam thank you for that input and id appreciate if someone talked to me on here and you seem a fun guy to talk to so I'll take you up on that offer thanks so much for reaching out I'm quite shy so I don't really reply to people's feedback but I appreciate that message I feel like it's good to give my opinions and here seems like s great place to do that I'm glad people can you know reach out and get help from others here i honestly think it's inspiring

• Options
    ChloeChloe Deactivated Posts: 25 Boards Initiate
    Love this. Thanks for sharing your experiences and your words to carry through with us too. <3
  • Options
    Awww thanks so much that's why Im here to try and inspire people I think we all deserve it at this time thanks Chloe 😊

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    I enjoyed reading this, thanks for sharing pal!
  • Options
    Thank you Liam Im glad you enjoyed it! 
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Thank you so much for sharing this! Some really wonderful advice :heart: We are always right here for you if you'd like to talk about anything at all!
  • Options
    Thank you coc0mac 

My experiences with depression always hurts me and knowing that there are people dealing with depression makes me feel like I should stand up for all of us cause we all deserve to be heard I appreciate the compliment on the discussion thank you ❤

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    Thank you for your inspirational words <3 

we are always here to listen to you too <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @Shaunie

Awww thanks I appreciate that 😊