Homeโ€บ Care Experienced Zone
Exciting news! Join our watch club and get free access to NOW for 1 month

About this forum (Care-Experienced Zone)

TheMixTheMix The Mix HQPosts: 2,613 Staff Team

Welcome to the Care Experienced Zone!

This forum is for posts about the care system and your experiences with it. Here are a few pointers:

Anyone can post here
This isn't just a space for care-experienced people. If you need help supporting a care-experienced friend or family member or you want to learn about the care system, you can do that here.

You also don't need to be care-experienced to support other community members in this space. The same goes for all forums on The Mix - you don't need to have the same experience to help someone.

Some discussions might suit other forums
Keep in mind that some discussions might have a better home in other forums. For example, if you want to talk about your relationships with your family, Sex & Relationships might be best.

Feel free to comment below with any questions or suggestions.

New here?
Head toย Start Here, where you'll find some useful information about us and our main rules and guidelines.
We're @Mike, @Connor, @Emma_, and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support on this account, but if you have any questions about the boards, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
Post edited by Mike on


  • sailingswallowssailingswallows Posts: 56 Boards Initiate
    does this forum include social service with disability services and adult social services?
    Because I have a social worker but under lifelong services which is for those who have a lifelong disability and are going to need social care support for the rest of there lives.
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 912 Part of The Mix Family
    @sailingswallows I'd say you're more than welcome to post in it. I think as myself and other CE people have been told, the zone is specifically for things that can't be posted anywhere else - so talking about social workers would come under that I'd think.

    As you'll be under adult social services as well you could post in there but it may not be as specific - myself and Liam who work on the posts etc will be sharing our experience of the children's social services.

    Maybe you'd be able to work with us to help get some accurate info out there for adult social work?
  • sailingswallowssailingswallows Posts: 56 Boards Initiate
    @Anch0r33 okay thank you. I don't know a lot about adult social services but I know a bit, it mainly deals with care for disabled people or safeguarding vulnerable adults. I would love to work with you on it. I believe it is quite different depending on which county council you are in.
  • ZenZen Living the Zen life ๐Ÿง˜๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    @sailingswallows Go for it! You can always share your experiences with care, or if you're looking for some support with it then don't hesitate to make a thread! Even those of us who may not be care experienced as such can still listen and be there for you :)
    Alis propriis volatย 
Sign In or Register to comment.