Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Over sleeping and tired

SienaSiena Posts: 15,499 Skive's The Limit
edited August 2020 in Health & Wellbeing
All I do is stay in bed either a sleep or just lying their with my eyes closed not asleep cause I feel too tired to even open my eyes. Barely get out of bed until 2pm. Then I go downstairs and sleep on the sofa anyway. But get woken up all the time. 

I’m fed up. I just want lots of energy 😣

any advice please?
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    It’s worth getting your iron levels checked if you haven’t already. That’s one thing I’ve struggled with in the past and it does make you very very tired. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @Shaunie

Some fab responses above so would of course echo those. This is exactly how I felt for a few weeks, and one thing that helped me the most was to force myself to go out somewhere. I said yes to meeting up with my friend even though I wasn't really feeling up to it at the time, however even just something simple like going for a walk or joining somebody on a trip to the shops etc would be just as good. Just a change of scenery, and company if possible, really helped to shift my mind-set and started to encourage a little more energy inside me. May be worth a try, I hope you are feeling better in yourself soon! :heart:
  • Options
    Thank you guys. 

I think I mostly need a routine and to do more stuff. And get blood tests done but I don’t wake up early enough to ring for an appointment lol. 

So cause like of incident of me saying I can’t go on the tils I haven’t been able to do overtime. But I was like na fuck it. I’m still going to do overtime and just refuse again. And see what happens. But then I was like ah shit. Maybe I should ask just incase. So I emailed HR. and she said do not worry you will not be required to go on tills again and to mention the store managers name if anyone keeps asking me. Like whattt lol the senior manger said if I do overtime I will be asked. So yeah they must of spoke since then I dunno. But she replied very quickly to the email so she must of knew
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    JamJarJamJar Posts: 274 The Mix Regular
    Hey @Shaunie, so has the work situation with the tills and getting overtime been sorted now? Sounds like the person in HR is looking out for you so I really hope everything turns out OK :) 

In terms of always feeling tired, and looking for other ways to find energy, is there any sort of quite simple task, e.g. cross stitching or drawing or gardening, that you enjoy doing? Often just having a simple task that you can do with a bit of Netflix on in the background can be really therapeutic <3
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Yeah it’s all seems to be sorted now. Just has the phone call with occupational health they said he will say to not let her on tills and to be understanding of when I feel more anxious

it always feels awkward speaking about my mental health with someone who i don’t know if understands mental health

um I’m not sure. I don’t have many hobbies