Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Questions about Education? Check this Thread!

ConnorConnor Deactivated Posts: 508 Incredible Poster
Hope everyone is having a half decent day!

The Mix is working on a video with an expert to help young people when it comes to education! For example, if you have questions on A-level/GCSE results, or if you have any questions on returning to school/applying to Uni!

If you have any questions about this or if you know someone who has questions about anything similar, drop the questions below in a post :)  These questions will help inform us about what you'd like answered.

Usernames or names won't be mentioned in the video, so the questions will be kept anonymous.

Feel free to ask any questions that you might have!

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    What is the least stressful way of revision that will actually be helpful? 

I have been told that I could potentially be offered extra time in my exams. What circumstances would this normally be offered in and is it okay to feel unsure in case there is stigma from classmates or teachers?

Are GCSE mock results similar to GCSE results or does it just show where you need to work on and what you might need extra support in?

I feel quite anxious about doing my GCSE's because of everything that has gone on with coronavirus. Is there any ways to cope with this feeling after what has gone on for the world?

I just decided to do bold and italics because why not?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    @Eleanor @Liam @independent_ This opportunity could be helpful for you.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • ConnorConnor Deactivated Posts: 508 Incredible Poster
    I like the style! Thankyou for the questions so far :)

If anyone has anymore questions they'd like to ask, don't hesitate to put them in this thread. There is never a silly question!
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    How do you stay focussed during revision or in classes at school when you are easily distracted or get bored very fast ?

Are there any tips for remembering what you are learning during class or revision? I feel like everything goes in one ear and straight out of the other no matter how hard I try to focus

• HollyPearlHollyPearl Moderator, Staff Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
    Hi everyone  :)

Thanks so much for your questions and for letting us know the kind of things you are feeling anxious or uncertain about. This piece of content will now be an article and we'll use your questions to structure some of the piece. You might also find this article useful which gives expert advice about ways to cope with uncertainty and to stay motivated while studying: https://www.themix.org.uk/work-and-study/study-and-exam-tips/coping-with-uncertainty-about-school-36476.html