Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    Aw don’t I could literally cry thinking about when I get to see him!!!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Oh I’m legendary apparently. Woo! Love these ranks

LETS GOOOOOO
    237893c85d0187f4b5d2f4d5ed0b8cb2dc14d799.gifv
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,630 Legendary Poster
    I love when I get a promo these days. It happens so rarely lol
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    @GreenTea oh yay Scotland! It’s a decent place I promise. Cold though.

I can handle the cold
  • Options
    Same lol I’ve been born and raised by the mix forever lol. I like that one tho ahah

Dam spam block
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    GreenTea wrote: »
    lovemimoon wrote: »
    @GreenTea Yoooo
    I don't matter hehe
    You did not just say that! :open_mouth::joy:

Of course you matter! <3
    If anyone says otherwise, I got a baseball bat ready for them.

@independent_ Deffoo!
    Like bro, my freedom of speech! :joy::cry:

@Shaunie That's adorable! He's just announcing his presence to the world! :joy:

Nah man. Made to feel like I don't matter and lack trust in a lot of people i once trusted at the moment. It's hard.

Ahh, I'm sorry to hear that. <3
    Regardless of what happens, you do matter. Whatever is going on with your social circle, remember that there's only so much you can do. That you're doing your bit and they're doing theirs. If they're bringing you down to this level, then (easier said than done) let them go. <3
  • Options
    @GreenTea Yoooo
    I don't matter hehe
    You did not just say that! :open_mouth::joy:

Of course you matter! <3
    If anyone says otherwise, I got a baseball bat ready for them.

@independent_ Deffoo!
    Like bro, my freedom of speech! :joy::cry:

@Shaunie That's adorable! He's just announcing his presence to the world! :joy:

Nah man. Made to feel like I don't matter and lack trust in a lot of people i once trusted at the moment. It's hard.

Ahh, I'm sorry to hear that. <3
    Regardless of what happens, you do matter. Whatever is going on with your social circle, remember that there's only so much you can do. That you're doing your bit and they're doing theirs. If they're bringing you down to this level, then (easier said than done) let them go. <3

Thank you lovely. Just having a rough time and on edge atm
  • Options
    I never watched gogglebox but I do have heart christmas on and it’s amazingggg!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Urges to self harm. My mind is going a million miles at once. So much going through.
  • Options
    What do you think of the new John lewis advert ?
  • Options
    Might go sit outside in the cold
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I swear if I can go on walks with teddy where he isn’t soo reactive to everything will make life a bit more worth living
    £700 worth soo better of done good lol
  • Options
    I never watched gogglebox but I do have heart christmas on and it’s amazingggg!

Radio station?
  • Options
    @Shaunie yes that will make such a difference to him. Especially if it means he’ll get on with other dogs better.

@GreenTea yeah it’s a radio station, it doesn’t have presenters, news, talking or even that many ads just lots of christmas music lol. I might change it in a bit though but dunno what to
  • Options
    Fair enough
  • Options
    Yeah I love walking Bella. It’s stress free cause I’m not on guard on every corner we turn like is there a dog she is gunna bite or child or something
    I don’t know if you remember but once he did bite a man’s hand. He was barking at him in the street and the man stupidly put his hand in front of him.

Have you heard of slip leads? That’s what the trainer is using on him. But it sounds like choking but apparently all professional dog trainers use them
  • Options
    I might watch this country
  • Options
    @Shaunie oh yes I do remember that. I hope the training helps him to be less anxious around people too.

I feel like I have heard of them, I googled and I think Theo has something similar? We sometimes put him on it in the house when we’ve got visitors (small children or my elderly neighbour mostly) because he behaves on it and will calm down pretty quick when he sees it. He gets excited when his extendable walking lead comes out!
  • Options
    Safer to use a dog harness tbh.. I've seen stories about some leads causing death in dogs. But idk
  • Options
    @Shaunie oh yes I do remember that. I hope the training helps him to be less anxious around people too.

I feel like I have heard of them, I googled and I think Theo has something similar? We sometimes put him on it in the house when we’ve got visitors (small children or my elderly neighbour mostly) because he behaves on it and will calm down pretty quick when he sees it. He gets excited when his extendable walking lead comes out!

Aw bless!!!

Teddy is literally my life. I’m soo lost without him. guess that’s why I did what I did Friday and felt so bad Thursday hard without him
  • Options
    I can see some stars
  • Options
    My sister is coming round will bella tomorrow though to help me feel better lol
  • Options
    Safer to use a dog harness tbh.. I've seen stories about some leads causing death in dogs. But idk

I guess it depends on the dog like anything else with dogs. We were told when Theo was a puppy that harnesses would irritate his skin under his arms and make him walk funny. Idk how true that is though. I know when I’ve got him on that lead I’m always careful not to let him pull too hard even if it means him nearly taking my arm off to keep some slack on the lead aha. I don’t like when it gets really tight round his neck. Harnesses are bound to be safer for some dogs though probably smaller ones.
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »

Aw bless!!!

Teddy is literally my life. I’m soo lost without him. guess that’s why I did what I did Friday and felt so bad Thursday hard without him

We get so used to having them around. My parents took Theo on their motor home holiday in the summer and I was lost without him for a week.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Aw bless! I can imagine

he is literally my other half lol. And he might aswell have his own account on support chat with the amount of times I speak about him there lol basically I member too
  • Options
    Hahaha that reminds me my mum made an account for Theo on Tiktok. She never really got the hang of how to use it but she posted a few cute little videos of him on it and him running around with sticks.
  • Options

I guess it depends on the dog like anything else with dogs. We were told when Theo was a puppy that harnesses would irritate his skin under his arms and make him walk funny. Idk how true that is though. I know when I’ve got him on that lead I’m always careful not to let him pull too hard even if it means him nearly taking my arm off to keep some slack on the lead aha. I don’t like when it gets really tight round his neck. Harnesses are bound to be safer for some dogs though probably smaller ones.

My dog (rip my boy) was trained in a harness and so where all the other dogs that attended. Told it was safer. I don't agree with choking an animal. Don't think I could ever had a lead that pulls around their neck. It's so dangerous..
  • Options
    Omgggg that’s soo cute ahah
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    It doesn’t choke them. They end up being very comfortable on them. Used by many professionals
  • Options
    I don't agree with them. It goes tight around the dogs neck. Too tight and can cause damage.. it's dangerous and in my eyes cruel on the animal. It's said a harness is much safer for dogs that pull because it applys pressure around the body which is less dangerous than causing truama to the neck.
    Just Google harness Vs slip lead